Which school is better

Rafal

Hi guys,

I want to do an ATP course in Europe. Since the only foreign language I speak is English, I have to find the school where the course can be taken in English and all the exams also. I foun two schools, one is the oxford aviation school in the UK and the other - airmed in Spain. If anybody heard abouth any of them please tell me anything.

I have heard of Oxford Aviation in England. When I was doing my pilot training, they were the big competitor to Cabair. I don't know what the current situation is.

Ray

[ QUOTE ]
I want to do an ATP course in Europe. Since the only foreign language I speak is English, I have to find the school where the course can be taken in English and all the exams also.

[/ QUOTE ]

Foreign to what or who(m)?
grin.gif

Well I've lived in England (for the last 4 years) and to be totally honest, i don't know a great deal about Oxford Aviation. I'm currently working on my PPL and am taking flying lessons with a rather smaller and less formal school located at Cranfield Airport (Where Cabair Flight School, presumeably the largest competitor to Oxford, and 5 other smaller schools are located).

As far as flight training in England is concerned at whatever level, you should be prepared to spend a little bit more than what you're probably spending now. The cost of flying in England is really quite high as compared to most countries. Most guys I know have either been to the states or travelled to australia to do some hour building in order to alleviate costs or have considered the option.
Some of these big schools out here actually send students abroad to do their training for a variety of reasons including cost and weather.

My advice is, don't rely too much on what your hear from other people (myself included). There are people who've successfully trained with these schools and have good jobs today. Make some fone-calls, if you can visit in person, the better. Just be aware that some of these guys are just money-making schemes out to make profits from unsuspecting potential customers.

Back