Which Regionals would allow you to be home every night?

S.T.Aviator

I figure Colgan and Great Lakes would but
was curious about Skywest/Bro as well as any others
I may have missed.

I figure Colgan and Great Lakes would but
was curious about Skywest/Bro as well as any others
I may have missed.

That would depend on whether you live in base, right?

I would bet that most airlines have locals available in their domiciles, but whether or not you can hold them depends on your seniority. The Skywest domiciles where I've been have all had 6-8hr locals, but only the more senior folks were able to get them. So at the higher levels, they were home every night. For the more junior guys, not so much.

Like Zmiller said about Skywest, here at Eagle day trips go senior the only thing that goes more senior then day trips is CDO's.

We're corporate, not a regional, but the vast majority of trips in my department are day trips -- home by 17:30.

"Which Regionals would allow you to be home every night?"

If you're senior enough I'm sure all of them. Or if you're in management :)

Lakes had a couple day trip lines when I worked there, but it seemed the locals loved the stand ups. When you get your time come to Allegiant I havnt done an over night in a year its hard to find things to do in my spare time.

PDT has many day trips out of LGA, but they seem to be dwindling. Most people hate the day trips since most of LGA based pilots are commuters. We call them "out-and-backs" - I DREAD going on on out-and-back. I lose a lot of money in per diem and I have to spend $4 round trip per day for the round trip bus far to get to and from my crash pad. Plus I have to be back in my crash pad to live with multiple people on reserve (fighting over who gets the ONE shower in the crash pad, who gets to watch the TV, people staying up until 4am partying and making noise, etc) in ugly smelly dirty nasty Queens, NY.

Why would you want to be home every night? Girlfriend drives me crazy, so that is my only excuse of getting away.

Not really a regional or major but Allegiant likes to have most of their planes and pilots home by the end of the evening.

Back