Which one is better?

I really need help on chosing a a flight school. Which one do you think is the best out of these?

Delta Academy
Flight Safety
Pan am
Westwind
ATP
Air-ben

I plan to visit each school.

Read the forums and choose for yourself. It's not that easy of a question to answer.

It very much depends on your taste, time, money.
I suggest check out all the websites of the above flight schools. Look at its requirements, price, and so on, and figure out what would you like for yourself. No one here on Jetcareers can give you a very good answer. I have to choose for yourself.

The answer to that question is Y.O.U... you.

Only you can determine what school best suits your (a) goals (b) learning capabilities and (c) timeline.

I looked at the academies and ultimately decided to go the FBO route and work full time. That is what was best for me and my family.

Do what's best for you.

Best of luck and keep us posted.

R2F

We're not here to do your homework, give you the quick, easy answers to life and send you on your way.

There are different programs out there that work better with some individuals and not so well with others. You can't just come to us and say hey, where should I train, what airline should I fly with, etc.

Do your homework, go tour the facilities yourself, and read what everyone has to say about the schools. Obviously, some may say DCA is better and others may tell you that it's Flight Safety International, so it all comes down to the research you've done and the decision that comes from that work.

I, myself, have gone through every thread on here for the flight school I'm leaning toward, and hundreds of threads for the other flight schools.

This is a very complex industry that requires a lot of time and patience, the quick and easy way out just won't suffice.

Best of luck to you in your future endeavors.

[ QUOTE ]
I really need help on chosing a a flight school. Which one do you think is the best out of these?

Delta Academy
Flight Safety
Pan am
Westwind
ATP
Air-ben

I plan to visit each school.

[/ QUOTE ]

Am I going crazy, or have you asked this question repeatedly over the past couple weeks?

[ QUOTE ]
Am I going crazy, or have you asked this question repeatedly over the past couple weeks?

[/ QUOTE ]

No you are right, he asks these bizarre questions over and over again and it is driving me crazy.

How old are you and where are you from?

Never underestimate the utility of the 'search' feature! :0)

I'm going to say this for the last time. You are young, and have plently of time to make a very good and distinguished career as a pilot. I don't know why you feel as if the world will come to an end if you're not a 777 captain within the next 6 months. Slow down, take your time, and do it right.

GO TO COLLEGE!!!!!!!

I know you plan on doing an online degree program while in flight school, but I strongly warn you that it will be much, much harder than you think. Especially since you have your heart set on going to one of these schools that will keep you busy 36 hours a day.

GO TO COLLEGE!!!!!!!!

Enjoy your youth, you'll never get it back. While in college work on your private, save up some money, then think about flight school after you get the degree behind you.

I'm frusterated that you keep posting questions, ignore everyone's advice, and then ask the same question as if we'll change our minds. So here's my advice and its the last time I'll say it:

Go to college, while in college start working on your private and save up some money. You'll have 4-5 years to research and visit flight schools that you can attend after you get the degree.

Let the kid ask questions. Isnt that what this site is supposed to be about? Give em a break!! If you dont want to answer then move on. Don't want to offend anyone, but I would be doing the same thing if I was about to choose a flight school. He does ask a lot of questions, but they are just questions that any perspective pilot would want to know the answer too, such as what age regional pilots get hired and things of that nature. Anyway 747, I went the university route. Which I like a lot, gives you all your rating plus an education in something else. Which I think is pretty important. But I do agree with the above statements, you need to go visit each one of those places and see what fits you best. Thats what I did and I am still perfectly happy with the choice that I made in the end. And while your visiting dont be afraid to ask a lot of questions, remember you're the customer in this case. Those are just my thoughts on the subject, whatever they're worth.

I really don't interpret it as as a admonition against asking the question, I think we've set the tone over the past six years of the website that it "all depends".

[ QUOTE ]
Never underestimate the utility of the 'search' feature! :0)

[/ QUOTE ]

Was that for me Doug?
grin.gif

Searching some of his posts I have found out he is 13, thus the reason for the, lets say different posts.

My advice for you 747, use the search feature and listen to these guys around here. They are all people have been there and done that. Make sure to get a degree and have fun doing it.

I ditto what every's said so far... but make sure you get that college degree because it'll be to your benefit and the major airlines won't take anything less.

also - it's much easier to attend classes vs taking them online. You may think you'll be saving yourself hassle, but you'll actually be adding to it if you plan to go to an academy AND online college at the same time!
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I ditto what every's said so far... but make sure you get that college degree because it'll be to your benefit and the major airlines won't take anything less.

[/ QUOTE ]

And get the college degree because you need a backup.

There are a lot of school (and you know who you are, chumps, because people report it back to me!
smile.gif
) that will say "Oh, train now, and go to school later when you get a regional job" or "Nah, don't bother with college" but you need an education.

Because if you lose a medical (happens more than you think), get furloughed or your airline goes belly up, you've got to feed your family and 5,000 hours of PIC just means that you're going to be exceptionally handy with a bucket and a mop.

On top of that, by not having an education, you already carved out a large majority of good paying jobs that require college degrees that you cannot qualify for, no matter how many hours, how much experience or what school you trained at.

Back