which location?

depends on what you are going for... if you are doing the CPP you dont have a choice... you will be in JAX... if you are getting an add-on go to wherever is closer to home.

Jax is a main facility... appx 8 or so instructors and MANY planes.

ATL has 2 instructors... and just about as many planes.

This is the way I am familar with it... anyone else want to add to or correct my statement?

JAX is the only location I've seenand i plan on attending in Jan. The people were real nice, and it seems like Rich, the guy in charge of the PPL program knows his stuff. The apartments were awesome, and the Ocean is about 10 mins away.......And as JJpilot pointed out, they have many planes.

tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
grin.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif
tongue.gif

I'm also going to JAX in january...First off because thats the only place they do the concentrated private program. Also for reasons already mentioned: laid back, yet professional atmostphere, good facility, awesome housing, and plenty of seminoles. Although I'm sure other locations have some of the same vibe. And yeah, Rich was practically begging for any aviation related question claiming no one could stump him. He's been around flyin' cobras before ATP, and really seems competent.

Just to clarify JJpilots statement. The PPL Program is only in JAX. The Airline Career Pilot Program is in various locations, one being Atlanta. The locations I know that have the ACPP are JAX, Atlanta, Stuart, Dallas, Manassass, Phoenix, and one of the locations in Cali.

ACPP locations are Washington (Manassas), Atlanta, Jacksonville, Stuart, Dallas, Phoenix, Riverside, and Sacramento.

I think the question of which ATP location is better appears every few months; try searching for past posts. I asked this same question before I went too. Jax is extremely busy, partially due to the many programs offered here. That has both good and bad implications-it can be difficult to find a quiet place to study or teach a lesson. On the other hand, I really liked the program in Stuart-the office isn't that busy so there are always planes and instructors available, and everyone is not stressed out. Throw in the lack of traffic, friendly control tower, awesome apartments, beach and things to do, and it's hard to beat.

I didn't get to see the thing because they said it was at the corporate office. However, I did get to see another ftd. It didn't have any visuals though. Rich refered to the sim as a toy.

Haven't been on this board in a long time, but have grown and learned a lot since answering phones in JAX...

In my humble, yet biased opinion, PHX is the best location for the ACPP. 1)Arguably the nicest apartments in the system (and definitely in the west); 2)minus 2 months of the summer, the best weather in the country; 3)we've got the 2000 model seminoles 99% of the time; 4)you're always rubbing shoulders with airline captains because they're your examiners! (excellent chance to network and impress them)

Why anyone would want to leave is beyond me.

Back