Which ATP location to attend?

No reason why I'm looking at Florida or Texas, just trying to narrow my choices down to get better answers. Thank you everybody for the help. Please let me know if you have anymore advice in choosing a location or just any advice in general about attending ATP

Well you're going to need a better reason than that. ;)

I went to RDU and my experience was awesome. RDU is a class C airport so its pretty busy with airline traffic, but there isn't much in the way of general aviation. You kindof have the airspace all to yourself. The flying was fun, seriously-really, really fun. The location is one of the smaller ones, and that gives you more access to the instructors and the resources available there. I highly recommend you look into it. If you are planning on staying in the housing there, I will say it is really nice. Probably the nicest housing ATP has. I'm very happy I chose RDU.

But like Captain_Bob said, it's really up to you and what appeals to you.

Rob that is a sweet picture of Orange Crush, do you have anymore of her? I miss that hot rod, half the POH was STCs......just like an airplane of that vintage with an orange interior should be.

cant beat RAL, or LGB for training. Its about as busy as it gets anywhere, plus there are a ton of great places to fly for you dual cross countries. The weather generally pretty good, but there are some cloudy days to get stick you nose in for some actual. Im impartial though cause I trained and worked in riverside... It honestly doesnt matter. Pick the location where you want to live for a couple months and go from there!

Well i'm from TN and I have got all my training so far from a small airport, so i figured moving away and training in a busy airspace would be best. Good instructors and a busy airspace is what i'm looking for, it seems like most locations have pretty good instructors though from what I have heard

Rob that is a sweet picture of Orange Crush, do you have anymore of her? I miss that hot rod, half the POH was STCs......just like an airplane of that vintage with an orange interior should be.

no i wish..that plane was great as a student, but was terrible as a instructor b/c the right window doesnt open.

If your looking for quality training in a busy airspace, come to either ATL or CLT, can't beat flying around the world's busiest airspace!!!

Back