Which airline do you think will buy the 7E7?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's kind of insulting....is everyone that plays Grand Theft Auto a wannabe car-jacker and rapist? Is everyone that plays Resident Evil a wannabe zombie killer?

What about those of us that fly with virtual airlines just for the fun of it, but still manage to fly ALOT in real airplanes, all the time??

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry MTSU didnt mean to insult anyone. I should have added "sarcasm" or something. I was just joking around because yes I do realze that we have some virtual simmers here, and yes I do use Flight Simulator to, just dont play virtual airlines or whatever. No I dont think everyone that plays those games or wunnabe rapist or whatever you have it...Just think some people take Virtual Airlines a little to seriously! Sorry for insulting anyone...
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm with the virtual FAA, and here to bust virtual airlines.

[ QUOTE ]
Yes, it does seem Boeing are losing market share and their business is going straight to Airbus because obviously they offer their customers what they want!! I just hope they don't one day end up like Lockheed.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because Boeing actually has to make money, or at least not lose it, on every plane they sell. Since Airbus is a jobs program first, that's not a requirement.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
That's kind of insulting....is everyone that plays Grand Theft Auto a wannabe car-jacker and rapist? Is everyone that plays Resident Evil a wannabe zombie killer?

What about those of us that fly with virtual airlines just for the fun of it, but still manage to fly ALOT in real airplanes, all the time??

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry MTSU didnt mean to insult anyone. I should have added "sarcasm" or something. I was just joking around because yes I do realze that we have some virtual simmers here, and yes I do use Flight Simulator to, just dont play virtual airlines or whatever. No I dont think everyone that plays those games or wunnabe rapist or whatever you have it...Just think some people take Virtual Airlines a little to seriously! Sorry for insulting anyone...
frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a problem...I didn't cry or anything...
wink.gif
Just pointing out that not all virtual flyers are wannabes!!! Now, I will agree with you that some people just take it a little bit too far....

I would expect the Japanese carriers to be onboard (no pun intended) from the get go of the 7E7. Japan is a faithful Boeing customer and a lot of Japanese companies are involved with the 7E7 project.

I also predict that Continental, Delta, and British Airways will be some of the early customers as well. If USAir wasn't so mad at Boeing then they would probably place orders in the 2010 timeframe to replace their A330's but I doubt that will happen.

I think the 7E7 is going to be a HUGE success! Continental is my pick to be the launch customer. Just my $.02 worth :)

Does anyone know if Boeing has "frozen" the design of the new 7E7 prototype. Are the pics. that we have all seen the final production aircraft?

Also will the 7E7 get a number designation or will it stay the 7E7 when it is in full production?

Continental is my second favorite airline but lets hope that Delta is the launch customer for the 7E7.

Also the 7E7 has been billed as the replacement for the 767. So does that mean that Boeing is going to also come out with an airplane to replace the 757?

[ QUOTE ]

Does anyone know if Boeing has "frozen" the design of the new 7E7 prototype. Are the pics. that we have all seen the final production aircraft?

[/ QUOTE ]

According to the latest Aviation Leak, they are still doing wind tunnel testing on some of the various design configurations (Boeing calls it "tweaking"). I noticed that the wind tunnel model had a more conventional tail than the cool "shark tail" fin that was shown in the early drawings. I hope the final aircraft looks like the radical early drawings; it's time for something new different in the standard aircraft configuration, albeit if it is only a curved vertical stabilizer... The article says that they want 7E7 to have something as recognizable as the 747's hump.

Still, if they wanted something distinguishable like that, they should have gone with the Sonic Cruiser...

As far as the 757 replacement, Boeing has stated that the 7E7 is the replacement for the 757 and the 767.

I would think American Airlines would be one of their customers because I heard they dont plan on buying Airbuses anymore.

-Brian

Back