Which airline do you think will buy the 7E7?

Joshua949

I think that American will eventually buy the 7E7 in the years to come after they get themselves financially stable again. United, Delta, & maybe Continental will invest in the 7E7 too.

I think Northwest will get in on some of the action. They don't fly 767s so this would be a great fit. They could expand their Atlantic routes and keep their 747s for the Pacific routes.

[ QUOTE ]
I think Northwest will get in on some of the action. They don't fly 767s so this would be a great fit. They could expand their Atlantic routes and keep their 747s for the Pacific routes.

[/ QUOTE ]

Northwest seems to be going more and more toward Airbus. They recently acquired a number of A330's for their Atlantic routes.

Yes, it does seem Boeing are losing market share and their business is going straight to Airbus because obviously they offer their customers what they want!! I just hope they don't one day end up like Lockheed.

I would have thought if any of the U.S majors would pick up on it, it would be Northwest but Copaman made a good point about Airbus. I doubt AA, UAL, Delta or CAL will go for it because they fly 777s.

Right now I think ATA and Delta are both providing Boeing with some info about ways to make the jet more suitable for service. I know in some press release somewhere George Mikelsons (our CEO) was quoted as looking at it.

I agree with Joshua949, the 7E7 would be a great fit at American, they could replace the 757,767, & maybe even the A300 with one airplane type.

Northwest is leaning towards the Airbus models.

The 7E7 would make a nice fit at ANA, which is starting to lean towards twin engine Boeing models, they are phasing out the 747 in favor of the 777. The 7E7 would replace the 767 that they have.

The 7E7 would fit in nicely at Delta & help with reducing aircraft types. Just hope that Boeing does not require another type rating for the 7E7, this could be a deal breaker.

On a side note, I hope that my company gets a 7E7 simulator, we are getting the 737NG simulator next year, and the 7E7 would be great. I wonder what the visual is going to look like, this would be the newest kid on the block.

[ QUOTE ]

I agree with Joshua949, the 7E7 would be a great fit at American, they could replace the 757,767, & maybe even the A300 with one airplane type.

[/ QUOTE ]
Personally, I really do not think that American would drop the 767 and 757. I would also really hate to see the 757s droped from American's fleet.
frown.gif

I would have to say AA will probably replace their 757's & 767's possibly the A300's with the 7E7 b/c it would simplify their fleet just like mpenguin1 said. Once they get back on their feet it's a possibility. They might use the older planes for cargo service. Who knows...probably..AA will have their 757 & 767 aircraft for the next 5-8 maybe 9 years or so...

I could see Southwest buying a few for their longer trips. Especially if customers start leaving them for more comfortable longer trips.
But we all know that if a significant revenue increase can be projected because of the 7E7, my thought will be the idiot of the village LOL.

Boeing is currently in talk with all the major US airlines (Delta, American Airlines, Continental,United amongst others) about purchasing the 7E7.

Outside of America British Airways is very seriously considering buying the new 7E7.

In an article from my airliners.net news letter. Delta Airlines is very seriously considering purchase of the 7E7.

But only if the new Boeing aircraft cockpit is laid out in similar fashion to the B-777. As they feel that it is the best functioning cockpit for the new aircraft.

But also the other major consideration for Delta and other majors is if Boeing can truly deliver on it's promise of 15-20% savings over current aircraft.

On a side note the B-7E7 is thus far shapin up to be a very sweet looking aircraft. More attractive physically then even a B-757.

Also does anyone know if the 7E7 is only that planes "working name" like the 7J7 or the 7N7. Will it get a number designation maybe 787 or 797 maybe?

Lastly don't insult Jetcareers this site is soooooooooo much better then Airliners.net. Needs a picture data base though.
grin.gif

Everett

[ QUOTE ]
In an article from my airliners.net news letter. Delta Airlines is very seriously considering purchase of the 7E7.

[/ QUOTE ]
Um...Thats not saying or giving you much...
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Which airline do you think will buy the 7E7?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd bet that most of the virtual airlines will probably fly them.

I really have no idea who's going to buy them. I'd sorta think that it might not be a good idea for most of the majors to blow a bunch of money on them in their current state, right? Kind of like buying a new car while in flight school?

-Zach

1.) What is a "virtual airline"?

2.) Funny stuff bout buying a new car while in flight school. I think he was already driving a 2001 Mazda. So his car was hardly a "clunker".
shocked.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I could see Southwest buying a few for their longer trips.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd have to so no on this one. One of the reasons that SWA only flys the 737 is low training costs. The pilots (with the exception of those poor souls that fly the -200s) and the maintenance crew only need to know about one kind of a/c. The gates only need to be configured for a 737. BUT, with Jim Parker (one of the big-wigs) announcing that they are looking into buying smaller a/c (I'm guessing RJs here but nothing is confirmed), that whole idea might be getting thrown out the window...

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A bunch of Wunnabe pilots (not all or wunnabes just some) usually from europe that spend lots of time and money flying on the computer...

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
A bunch of Wunnabe pilots (not all or wunnabes just some) usually from europe that spend lots of time and money flying on the computer...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's kind of insulting....is everyone that plays Grand Theft Auto a wannabe car-jacker and rapist? Is everyone that plays Resident Evil a wannabe zombie killer?

What about those of us that fly with virtual airlines just for the fun of it, but still manage to fly ALOT in real airplanes, all the time??

[ QUOTE ]
That's kind of insulting....is everyone that plays Grand Theft Auto a wannabe car-jacker and rapist? Is everyone that plays Resident Evil a wannabe zombie killer?

What about those of us that fly with virtual airlines just for the fun of it, but still manage to fly ALOT in real airplanes, all the time??

[/ QUOTE ]
Sorry MTSU didnt mean to insult anyone. I should have added "sarcasm" or something. I was just joking around because yes I do realze that we have some virtual simmers here, and yes I do use Flight Simulator to, just dont play virtual airlines or whatever. No I dont think everyone that plays those games or wunnabe rapist or whatever you have it...Just think some people take Virtual Airlines a little to seriously! Sorry for insulting anyone...
frown.gif

Back