Where U at American?

I'm surprised tsa let delta get involved. I figured tsa would be against anything that would make them more efficient. The #1 rule of the bureaucracy is to make sure you're always relevant

Because it wasn't the TSA that has the power at the ATL Airport. It is the City of Atlanta that is strong arming the TSA and Delta strong arms Atlanta, which frankly, they are one of the few companies in this city that easily can, and have total power over our very corrupt mayor.

As much as people are tooting Delta's horn right now, there's no way they'd have done this 5 years ago when they weren't making money and this will go away along with @DPApilot's free snacks whenever the next round of bankruptcies happen.

image.jpeg

Long lines are awesome helps my job security! Keep up the cattle car experience and I keep flying.

Why would it be a conflict that people could unionize in a government job?

Well.......because eventually the cost of pay and benefits for that public-sector organization will far exceed what comparable workers in the private-sector would make..In the private-sector, the main focus is to remain competitive. Whereas, public-sector entities only have budgets... Budgets that can be enhanced. And when the tax-payer is footing the bill, the unions view these funds as unlimited. Thus, this TSA slowdown and their enhanced budget that followed. A budget that I remind you is paid for by the public.

At the end of the day, you're left with a weighed down federal budget when a private-sector company could have bid to do the same job for much less. And probably much better.

Well.......because eventually the cost of pay and benefits for that public-sector organization will far exceed what comparable workers in the private-sector would make..In the private-sector, the main focus is to remain competitive. Whereas, public-sector entities only have budgets... Budgets that can be enhanced. And when the tax-payer is footing the bill, the unions view these funds as unlimited. Thus, this TSA slowdown and their enhanced budget that followed. A budget that I remind you is paid for by the public.

At the end of the day, you're left with a weighed down federal budget when a private-sector company could have bid to do the same job for much less. And probably much better.

I think you could have put it simpler when stating your opinion. Basically how I read this is "cheaper is always better." As a union member fighting for increased pay and benefits, that mentality concerns me when it comes to compensating people.

I think you could have put it simpler when stating your opinion. Basically how I read this is "cheaper is always better." As a union member fighting for increased pay and benefits, that mentality concerns me when it comes to compensating people.

Sorry it wasn't simple enough for you. I could've just said that civil servants have the "obligation to serve the whole people" instead of focusing on their paycheck, but I knew that wouldn't fly with you.

Anyhow, in this case cheaper isn't always better, but better is better. The TSA is a joke. No one would disagree with that. And they get pensions... Unfunded pensions. How's your pension?

The fact is they are holding the public hostage with their slowdown. The same public that is funding their pay and benefits. They say they need more funds to hire more employees and overtime, but how many times have you been to the airport, seen a line out the door, and still counted dozens of them standing around.....? What they really are after is the funds to hire more employees without actually hiring more.

But at least they get pensions.

Back