Where U at American?

Sorry it wasn't simple enough for you. I could've just said that civil servants have the "obligation to serve the whole people" instead of focusing on their paycheck, but I knew that wouldn't fly with you.

Anyhow, in this case cheaper isn't always better, but better is better. The TSA is a joke. No one would disagree with that. And they get pensions... Unfunded pensions. How's your pension?

The fact is they are holding the public hostage with their slowdown. The same public that is funding their pay and benefits. They say they need more funds to hire more employees and overtime, but how many times have you been to the airport, seen a line out the door, and still counted dozens of them standing around.....? What they really are after is the funds to hire more employees without actually hiring more.

But at least they get pensions.

You knew? I'm sure that's true.

I'm just messing around as I largely don't care.

Now if they came up with something that was completely "Holy cow, how'd they do that?!"/innovative/"hot damn that's awesome", I certainly would care.

American's idea of innovation seems to be see who we can blame this on.

And "We love to fly, and it shows." was so much better.

If an airport privatizes, it's basically going to be the same people doing the same job with probably even less accountability.
Exactly.
Remember after 9-11 everyone was screaming..."let's make airport screening a national government program"
Followed by
"They are paying these screeners how much?!" And "they took the same people and paid them how
Much??!"
Now
"We Should definitely privatize this, it would be way better!"

Exactly.
Remember after 9-11 everyone was screaming..."let's make airport screening a national government program"
Followed by
"They are paying these screeners how much?!" And "they took the same people and paid them how
Much??!"
Now
"We Should definitely privatize this, it would be way better!"

Eeeeeeeeeeeyup!

I think America is overdue for another glowing discussion about airport security at Ben Gurion Airport in Tel Aviv by people who have never experienced it.

Which isn't a whole lot different than what goes on in the US. El Al, however, different. But jets… 50.

Back