Where to get ATP certificate.

Fly_Unity

I have a corporate job flying a Cirrus, and possible starting right seat in a King Air within the next few months. But they want me to get my ATP certificate, I don't need it, but maybe for insurance? or to make them look better?

Where is a good place to get this? fast, cheap, And how much harder is it to get ATP single as well? know of anyplace that I could knock them both out? I live in WY, and was considering going to ALLATP to get it done (thats where I got my initial training and I know the Seminoles) But its a $2,500 course for only 4 hours. Anyone know of a cheaper place?

do you have a sim to practice in? that is what i will be doing, then flying a Seminole for the checkride with one of our local DPE's

In all honesty, it doesn't really matter where you go to get your ATP--so long as they have a plane you can reliably fly. It's basically an IR ride with--for the multi--an engine failure or two. There's no endorsement (one is only needed for a retest), so whenever you feel ready for the oral and the flight, you take the ride. A single add-on is pretty much a non-event; just be sure you look at the systems first.

I'd just look for somewhere close to home with a good plane or two and--preferably--an instructor who is also an ATP and can give you a gouge on the DPE you'll fly with.

The single add-on is pretty much a non-event--just make sure you know the systems of the aircraft you'll be doing it in.

There is a simulator center in Charlotte, NC that can give you a King Air initial and your ATP all in a simulator. It's a 6 day course at a reasonable price. There web site is Flyrightinc.com.

A single add-on...
Just to clarify, the ATP doesn't have an SE or ME "add-on" like Private or Commerical. You do the entire checkride when you do an initial and when you add a single or multi-engine rating to that certificate you do the whole checkride.

-mini

Our school offers a two day ATP AMEL course that costs $2,275.00 while our ATP ASEL would be a two day course at $2,000.00. Really if you called us, we could probably get you a discount if you did them both together. The training is going to be intense.
The only thing I ask is that you have the written test completed. Vacation to Arizona for four days and go home with the ATP ASEL/AMEL.

We also offer an ATP ASES course as well, if you're interested. Flown in a Lake Buccaneer. Just one day and a cost of $1,965.00.

There is a simulator center in Charlotte, NC that can give you a King Air initial and your ATP all in a simulator. It's a 6 day course at a reasonable price. There web site is Flyrightinc.com.
Crawfish, Welcome to Jetcareers. Any idea on the cost for 200 initial with the ATP training. Thanks

Thanks guys. I been looking at the FAR's, You say I don't need an endorsement for the practical exam OR for the written?

Can I just take the written, then take my 172 to an examiner and do it just that easy?

Thanks guys. I been looking at the FAR's, You say I don't need an endorsement for the practical exam OR for the written?

Can I just take the written, then take my 172 to an examiner and do it just that easy?

Yup, but you only get the SEL ATP.

You would be better off doing it in a multi though.

Back