where can I get a job in part 135(jet)?

squeezemylemon

please look at my profile(here below) and tell me if I can get a job.
I want move to jet, and say bye bye to propellers,...

Instruction is good for the week end and for the fun, I can not make a living with that.

how bad or good is the situation in this area?

please look at my profile(here below) and tell me if I can get a job.
I want move to jet, and say bye bye to propellers,...

Instruction is good for the week end and for the fun, I can not make a living with that.

how bad or good is the situation in this area?

Start with having someone here review, and edit your resume and cover letter. Your writing looks like a 2nd grader got their hands on a keyboard.

Too blunt? Sorry...

**Just noticed you're ESL. My bad. Seriously though, if you want to work here, your resume won't get looked at without it being flawless. Nature of the beast.**

saying no to props also says means no to King Airs, P180, PC12, C441...etc.

...just sayin...

An I-551 is not a work permit.

For those who don't know, an I-551 is a 'Green Card' or permanent residency. Most people don't know that. An employer who sees 'Work Permit' sees a temporary employee, and not someone who is worth investing time or money to train. I wouldn't put anything relating to my citizenship or residency status on a resume or application form (aside from ticking the 'Authorized to work in the US' box).

An I-765 is a work permit.

ok, I have canceled the "work permit" signature you are rght it 's a not a work permit as I have a long term residence permit.
I wouldn't say no for mitsubishi Mu2, PC12.

Assuming you aren't a troll, you aren't exactly in a position to be picky on airframe. You say you have been looking hard for a job and haven't found one. If you get a job in a King Air so be it. The King Air is a fine aircraft and will pay well unless you go to a bottom feeder.

If you are going to be picky, make sure the employer isn't a bottom feeder. Take a well paid position regardless of airframe. Limiting your opportunities because a plane uses a prop instead of a fan only hurts your chances at finding a job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Assuming you aren't a troll, you aren't exactly in a position to be picky on airframe. You say you have been looking hard for a job and haven't found one. If you get a job in a King Air so be it. The King Air is a fine aircraft and will pay well unless you go to a bottom feeder.

If you are going to be picky, make sure the employer isn't a bottom feeder. Take a well paid position regardless of airframe. Limiting your opportunities because a plane uses a prop instead of a fan only hurts your chances at finding a job.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

This. From what I've seen, I wouldn't be too picky in your ( squeezemylemon ) shoes. Find a job that pays and go from there.

This. From what I've seen, I wouldn't be too picky in your ( squeezemylemon ) shoes. Find a job that pays and go from there.

I agree. Yet there are still those aroung here who tell me I shouldn't even consider Key Lime or Great Lakes because "jobs follow you for your whole career". OK, I get it... we're supposed to prefer bankruptcy over poverty because somebody might not approve of a past employer sometime in the future.

I agree. Yet there are still those aroung here who tell me I shouldn't even consider Key Lime or Great Lakes because "jobs follow you for your whole career". OK, I get it... we're supposed to prefer bankruptcy over poverty because somebody might not approve of a past employer sometime in the future.

Well, thats not exactly what I was getting at; just saying that there are a ton of guys that would die for a "prop job," but this guy comes over here from France with a whopping 2k hours and demands a jet job.

Meh, I'd take a 80k/year Air Ambulance job in a King Air over most other jobs. You get a job like that by age 30 and you'll earn far more career earnings than the 121 major/legacy/national jobs. If it sticks around of course. Seems mostly stable from outside observation.

OP, kicking out Kingairs as an option severely limits you on the GA side of the airport. They're everywhere, and some jobs pay VERY well! I don't particularly care for the "straight wing" citations, but if I were to find a job with pay and QOL in a location I like, I'd be all over it. As much as I want to fly something that makes me go "OH FUUUUU" when I walk out to it; pay, QOL, stability and location rank far above that. Just be picky about the operator, not the airframe. I've flown all sorts of stuff. Once the novelty wears off(which takes a matter of days), it's still exactly the same as bombing around in a 172. Yes, CRJ/747/Gulfstream=C172! :D Talk to the guys that have been in it for awhile if you don't believe me. Flying is flying.

Meh, I'd take a 80k/year Air Ambulance job in a King Air over most other jobs.

80k/year is coming at it a bit high (for starting pay), but I absolutely love the job. Sure, I wouldn't mind a little bit more money, or to fly a little bit more, or, what, jumpseat bennies? But it's a good job with incredible QOL if you're "geared" for it. I left being "PIC on a Jeeeeetttttttttt" to fly air ambo in a lowly turboprop, and it was the best move I ever made. Worth looking in to, at least.

If it sticks around of course. Seems mostly stable from outside observation.

I will say that I think that there's a Reckoning coming for Air Ambo. Mostly on the helo side, but fixed wing could very well be affected, too. There are just too many operators and aircraft. It's absolutely saturated. I don't think it'll be Armageddon, but the explosive growth over the last ~10-15 years can't continue.

80k/year is coming at it a bit high (for starting pay), but I absolutely love the job. Sure, I wouldn't mind a little bit more money, or to fly a little bit more, or, what, jumpseat bennies? But it's a good job with incredible QOL if you're "geared" for it. I left being "PIC on a Jeeeeetttttttttt" to fly air ambo in a lowly turboprop, and it was the best move I ever made. Worth looking in to, at least.

Oh totally, I was just saying that there's A LOT more than just JEEEEEEETS(SMOOOOOTH! Where did that guy go anyways?), and that QOL should be the first priority.

You're in it, so I'll take your word for it. Outside observation just seems to indicate to me that air ambulance as being one of the more stable areas, with better career earnings if you get in early enough. In the Midwest at least, I'm seeing quite a bit of consolidation among hospitals and their air service, which is good(?).

You get a job like that by age 30 and you'll earn far more career earnings than the 121 major/legacy/national jobs.

Is your math assuming worst case scenario with a 8 year 121 regional upgrade and another 10 years to get to a major?

hi dears!!,

jet or not jet I am looking for a job (121 or 135). if you know a company in florida, preferably in miami let me know.I can work night shift, week end....
cmill is right, I will take the first flight job even in a flight school but my dream is 135 jet.

just a friend of mine from europe has less 1000h and now fly a medium sized jet (12 pax)
I have a few friends in the USA who got job on lear, and passed captain after a few years.He knew someone in the company.

we all know that in aviation is who you know.
and by the way, here in europe, guys fly B737 right after flight school with 200h total time, 4 weeks sim, and straight to the right seat.

the rest of pilots will be unemployed as age go against you.(my case)

sorry for my bad english!

just a friend of mine from europe has less 1000h and now fly a medium sized jet (12 pax)
I have a few friends in the USA who got job on lear, and passed captain after a few years.He knew someone in the company.

we all know that in aviation is who you know.
and by the way, here in europe, guys fly B737 right after flight school with 200h total time, 4 weeks sim, and straight to the right seat.

That's the case with most of the world. Everyone comes to the US to learn to fly then goes back home to make a better living than we do here, with 200 or 1000 hours.

Back