Where Am I?

Could you fill us in on the inside thing? Otherwise, I'm gonna have to look up Cape Air route map to try to figure it out...

It's not so much an inside thing as a means of indicating the correct location while still LETTing SOME other folks take a crack at it.

The Cape Air route map is what I used. I'm sure you'll be able to figure it out, too.

Or, should I say: "You chose...poorly." ;)

Man I've been looking all over for that little muddy lake next to that town and the "subdivision" of roads in the foreground, but you're near the Syrian border, somewhere between Iskenderun and Aleppo.

That, or it's Palm Springs. Is my best guess.

A nice shot!

The "chose... poorly" clue didn't dawn on me right away, but it took hold soon enough and, along with the 'very close' to Syria reply, I figured it must be Jordan and started scrutinizing maps for an exact location. I was focusing on the Mujib Dam, but couldn't get any further than that.

Thanks for the brain game!

This is going very well...I'm stuck posting on my phone, so my reservoir of submissions is a little limited. So, you might detect a theme with this next stop. This is a pic on the way to the hotel from the airport...
image.jpg

St. George! It's been almost 8 years since I was last in St. George! What a beautiful place.
Yep! It was a gorgeous day. We saw St. Paul right after takeoff, and got a visual. Today was my first time into St. George. It has been crappy the last few times.

And for anyone wondering how remote this place is, here is a map.
map

Yep! It was a gorgeous day. We saw St. Paul right after takeoff, and got a visual. Today was my first time into St. George. It has been crappy the last few times.

map

Man, I do miss home some days...well, really most days. Still, I tell ya, schedule can't be beat here.

map
That is awesome, I'm a little jealous!
I've got fingers crossed for a potential ferry to Hawaii. We don't have the legs to make it straight across, so we'd be pulling through that neck of the woods, I suspect.

Back