When to take the ATP knowledge test?

Are you working for a part-135/121 carrier, fairly close or within range of taking your ATP checkride?

I was wondering the same thing for when I need to convert my licence. I have looked into All ATPs... anyone used them? They seem to be fairly quick (Understatement, 1 Day!) and get the job done.

Any thoughts on the place?

i'm actually looking into that stuff now....

ATP seems to be one of the best choices for that....but here's kinda something that i've heard from other pilots....

a lot of 121/135 places like you to at least have the written part done..... and unless you're going to be sitting left seat in anything over 12,5 you won't need the atp right off the bat.... start in the right seat...get the written done..and let the company you're working for pay for you type/atp checkride.... and save you some money...

maybe someone else can help me out with this...but that's what i've heard from a lot of other pilots working for regionals now.

[ QUOTE ]
I was wondering the same thing for when I need to convert my licence. I have looked into All ATPs... anyone used them? They seem to be fairly quick (Understatement, 1 Day!) and get the job done.

Any thoughts on the place?

[/ QUOTE ]

That's where I did mine; in PHX. 2-day course. Having already had time in Seminole's helped, too.

My only memory of the seminole is single engine pattern work during a Prescott summer.

(buzzer) "Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek! Eek!"

(CFI pulls the breaker)

(gives the other engine back)

(engine) "WOW WOW WAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWW HHMMMMMMMMMM"

I took mine a couple of weeks back, I have been flying 135 for a few months and it really helped. I studied the Gliem for a couple of days and went and took the test. If you can get a job without it, it will help, but if not, take it when you think you are ready.

I put mine off until the week before my captian upgrade class. That was pushing it a little close, though!

Back