When do I get issued the white New Balances?

alaskadrifter

Landing gear operator
Whelp, I just finished OE on Le’ Bus. I wasn’t sure about posting yet, but I wanted to give a big shoutout and “thank you” to @Cheechako and @ShortField for answering about a million questions. Honestly still a bit shocked that I even got an interview, much less hired. I was truly content flying the van back home, pay was decent and QOL through the roof. I’m still not sure if this was the right choice, but it’d been quite the adventure so far, as the kids these days say “yolo”. The 320 is pretty cool, hoping to get back to ANC soon though.
A44A32F2-2CCF-4188-8AB9-EE8B7BB196D0.jpeg

B813FA88-EF16-44B0-8650-7F0B3B2C8AE2.jpeg

Nice! How soon do they force you over to the guppy?
I’ve already been awarded the guppy in SEA. No idea when I go to training, I think they are backed up right now with new hires and transitions and reductions. I’d stay on the bus but it’s doesn’t even fly to ANC, much less be based there.

Whelp, I just finished OE on Le’ Bus. I wasn’t sure about posting yet, but I wanted to give a big shoutout and “thank you” to @Cheechako and @ShortField for answering about a million questions. Honestly still a bit shocked that I even got an interview, much less hired. I was truly content flying the van back home, pay was decent and QOL through the roof. I’m still not sure if this was the right choice, but it’d been quite the adventure so far, as the kids these days say “yolo”. The 320 is pretty cool, hoping to get back to ANC soon though. View attachment 66471

View attachment 66472

Happy to help! I’m looking forward to flying with you when you come over to the 73. Congrats!

Congratulations but, I’ve gotta ask. Where do the white New Balances fit in?

You don’t get issued the New Balances until you either get really into conspiracy theories, or the Bible code.

You have 18 months to do that or management sends you a northface fleece and starts scheduling you on backpacking trips you’ll never actually go on. Those are the only possible life paths for AS crew members.

Congrats by the way.

Thanks everyone!
You don’t get issued the New Balances until you either get really into conspiracy theories, or the Bible code.

You have 18 months to do that or management sends you a northface fleece and starts scheduling you on backpacking trips you’ll never actually go on. Those are the only possible life paths for AS crew members.

Congrats by the way.
I better get on those conspiracy theories then, North Face is for management types who like to look outdoorsie, all the cool Alaskans where Kuiu these days :bounce:.

So there are some rules to the White New Balances…you should have been given a guidelines badge backer at some point…
- Under 40, you’re only allowed to wear them for around the house (think grilling) and for yard work. Once you’ve gotten an appropriate level of grass stains on them can you apply for an exemption to wear them away from the house. Until then, you may wear NB’s of other colours (grey, navy, black, etc), so that you can show everyone you’re still cool
- After 40, you can wear white NB’s pretty much any time. The fashion train stopped to take on more coal and water, and you got off.

So there are some rules to the White New Balances…you should have been given a guidelines badge backer at some point…
- Under 40, you’re only allowed to wear them for around the house (think grilling) and for yard work. Once you’ve gotten an appropriate level of grass stains on them can you apply for an exemption to wear them away from the house. Until then, you may wear NB’s of other colours (grey, navy, black, etc), so that you can show everyone you’re still cool
- After 40, you can wear white NB’s pretty much any time. The fashion train stopped to take on more coal and water, and you got off.

Isn't it required that crews on layovers in Anchorage are required to wear them with extra long white socks, and a beer t-shirt tucked into their jeanshorts? Or is that only for ACMI crews?

I0aLUf3.jpg

Back