When applications will be open again?

Fauzool

Looks like I missed my opportunity to apply this year. Do we know when more training positions will be open again? Next year around March?

Ah that long? From the trend outlook it looked like they where hiring around 1,000 trainees a year to keep up with the retirees. That couldn't all be from one application session earlier this year could it?

I've heard the same as Flyeagle. Keep in mind, bids in the past have had nearly 30,000 applicants. There are plenty of people who applied to the last bid to fill hiring quotas till 2020 and beyond if they so chose.

You would think they would find a better way to pick candidates. I know before CTI and prior military you stood a good chance wonder why that has been changed.

You would think they would find a better way to pick candidates. I know before CTI and prior military you stood a good chance wonder why that has been changed.
Because gubmn't.

Look at FAA ATC as a lottery. I have coworkers working in the SFO ramp towers who have CTI degrees or are former USAF controllers. They can't pass the BQ either, so the "man" doesn't care. Seriously. It's a lottery. Don't count on it. Live your life and apply every year.

Back