Whats the Latest

Visceral

I haven't been in the loop for a while about what's going on in Vero, so could someone please fill me in? The last I heard, there was no Sat/Sun flying. 1. Is that still going on? 2. Are all the people who were put on reduced hours back to full-time (dispatch, etc)? 3. Any news on continuing or new foreign pilot training? 4. Are all the old seminoles finally RIP? 5. How are enrollment numbers? 6. Are the instructors still being picky about which regionals they depart for? When I was there, it seemed nobody was leaving for the smaller regionals or 135 operators. 7. What hours are instructors leaving with now? 8. Any airlines dropping in to check out the ops? 9. Is FSA still allowing their instructors to go through the SAAB sim for the quick and dirty airline style training? Thanks for any input.

Ok I'll give it a shot...
1. School closed on Sunday open to 1500 on Sat.

2. Yes for the most part.

3. RWL, Swiss, Asiana programs still going, Spanish European flyers program to start in a month or two.

4. Old seminoles are gone. Sure do miss Evil Al (66AL)

5. Up significantly

6. Depends on the IP.

7. 1200+ I would say is the average.

8. American Eagle is coming I think this week to talk about a direct track program.

9. Yes after 500 hours dual given. But frankly it has been awhile since they have run it.

Sounds like a lot of good things in the mix down there. Any clue what the Spanish European flyer program is supposed to do? Ab Initio, or something else?

It's like the RWL program for the Germans. They will do their groundschool in Europe and then come to the US for the flying.

I just called Flight Safety yesterday. They are bringing in a new stan. class for March, which is the third one this year.
smile.gif

Wonderful. I just signed a lease thinking it'd be a while before there would be any more movement !!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting too long to have to give up my slot to Pavelump dagnabit. What a world, what a world.

Baronman, you still around? You have enough hours to start teaching multi by now I suppose.

Sorry guys!! I know I haven't been around in a while to tell you about my instructing here at FSI, but I've been busy and without a computer!!

1. There is Saturday flying, no Sunday

2. Have no idea!!

3. RWL/Swiss and now European Flyers are coming
Euro. Flyers are the Spanish equivalent to RWL.....They will have their own program with their own instructors I imagine.

4. All new Seminoles

5. Enrollment is UP....March has the largest number of enrollments in recent memory. Almost double last months I think.

6.Are instructors picky?? Depends!! There are obviously top tier regionals and lower rung....Some stick around, some want to bail ship.

7. Seems like most who are leaving have close to 1400total and 400-500 multi

8. American Eagle

9. Haven't seen any Instructors in the SAAB sim....

Like I've said before, most people are pretty happy that things are moving again....There will be a new stan class in March (3rd of the year) due to hired instructors and higher enrollment.

[ QUOTE ]
Wonderful. I just signed a lease thinking it'd be a while before there would be any more movement !!!!!!!!!!!!! I've been waiting too long to have to give up my slot to Pavelump dagnabit.

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, I wouldn't worry about that... When I left, I was number 98.

Leases were made to be broken. Unfortunately, you'd probably lose your security deposit.

Later,
Dave

I really have no idea to tell you the truth. I've started working here in Chicago so I haven't really thought about it much. Sure would make a nice x-mas present (or halloween) though!

It's starting to get nicer around here, but lemme tell ya, going out in the sub zero temps to spray alcohol on the wings pretty much sucks!

That's the 'real' world though...

[ QUOTE ]

It's starting to get nicer around here, but lemme tell ya, going out in the sub zero temps to spray alcohol on the wings pretty much sucks!

[/ QUOTE ]

Mmmmmmmm alcohol. Is there anything it can't do?

Nothing like the smell of glycol in the morning....or the hum of the generator powered pre-heaters!!!

I have absolutely NO PROBLEM putting that in my past, although I have to remind myself that it is only Februrary/March and I do still live in Chicago.

Tomorrow is supposed to be sunny and 50 and I've got a couple people on my schedule. Could be worse!

Its moving pretty good, my buddy just got called for 29 March and he was/is only 8-9 ahead of me. I was good old #76 last May. BUT, apparently some have "deferred" this class- which I guess you can apparently do, but only once.

I don't know my exact number when I left, and I never asked. The interview group ahead of mine had guys in the 60-65 range, so I guess I was 65-75 or so.

Back