Whats the Latest

Re: Whats the Latest - UPDATE

Hey guys I got some new info about the goings on here at the Academy as far as direct programs and stan classes go.

As far as the list goes, the list was at 105 people in January and will have dropped to 30 come the 19th April stan class. There have already been 2 stan classes of 6 students each and there are still two to come with 10 students each, (30th March and 19th April I beleive)

As far as ASA direct program goes they are wanting to take on 8 new hires in the near future and so FlightSafety will be submiting 12 resumes from the list for ASA to review. Once students are selected it will be run as 2 classes of 4 students each. ASA is looking to accept around 2 students per month.

American Eagle is looking to start a simular direct program here, and they're looking for around 20 students a month! and there is talk of getting a ERJ level D sim in addition to the Saab 2000 for such purposes. A good prospect for both those wanting to do the direct program and an opening for some more sim instructors no doubt!

Lastly there are talks for Netjets running some kind of direct program but that's still up in the air however it's been stated as not a matter of if, but when.

Looks like things are really turning around
cool.gif

Snow, thanks for posting the good news. Been a long time watcher of this forum and it is very good news for all of us. I plan on returning to get my CFI but have been waiting for the ASA direct track. I just hope the economy will be continuely growing. Is American Eagle going to be more for the CFIs or the Step V people? Or both? Thanks.

Also, I have a friend that's finishing up his CFI and said that 20 is left on CFI waiting list and should the list will probably be gone by June.

[ QUOTE ]
Is American Eagle going to be more for the CFIs or the Step V people? Or both?

[/ QUOTE ]

Well more for the step V people, but there's no reason why CFIs can't also do it, but primarly the whole point of the direct track program is so you can skip the CFI stage entirely.

Back