What's it like to bust the IA ride twice?

pilot602

If specified, this will replace the title that
What\'s it like to bust the IA ride twice?

<font color="red">I wouldn't know ... I passed the bloody thing yetserday doing a "really heads up job!"</font>

I suppose this means I really can fly an ILS afterall!
smirk.gif

So the quick and the dirty of it:

Show up a OLS at 7:45 a.m. - after a 1.5hr flight there - and meet up with the DE. We head into a conference room, he checks out my logs and my paperwork and out the door we go. I had already passed the LOC, Single Engine approach and the oral the first time around so all I had left was the ILS, airwork, holds and the partial panel VOR.

We headed over to FHU and got vectors to the ILS. As we line up on the LOC he tells me the No. 1 nav is showing the LOC wrong and to use the No. 2 nav for the LOC. Which meant I was getting the LOC off the No. 2 nav and the GS off the No. 1 - interesting as I had never done that before. We get to DH with out any trouble and go missed. On the missed we get vectors back around and we shoot a LOC, single engine (I didn't say/ask about it - I just did it) we get lined up, do the step-downs and end it with a T&amp;G.

After the T&amp;G we depart direct to OLS and on the way back we do steep turns directly into an unsusual attitude. Complete those and he sets me up on a direct entry into a non-published hold. He says at this pont "mess up this holding pattern and I'm gonna hit 'ya." I do one turn in the hold and then direct to the OLS VOR for the partial pannel into OLS.

Timed turns work out just fine and the airport shows up where it's supposed to. We do a circle to land and as we park he says "if you give me your pilot certificate I'll start typing up a new one ... if that's ok with you."
grin.gif

So it was 1.2 total, .8 under the hood, one IA rating.

Now it's on to the commercial. WooHoo.

BTW I posted this earlier this morning and I think the board ate it as I can't finda trace of it anywhere (no deletions, moved didn't even show up under my list of posts in "search") - just an FYI.
confused.gif

Re: What\'s it like to bust the IA ride twice?

ha!!!

good job.

what did you say to his question? did you mind?

[ QUOTE ]
what did you say to his question? did you mind?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, I didn't mind.
grin.gif

Great Job. Multi-Engine Instrument sounds tough; it's next on my checklist of ratings.....good luck on your commercial, it's a lot of fun once you get the maneuvers down.

[ QUOTE ]
it's a lot of fun once you get the maneuvers down.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm doing ME-Commercial and there are no Lazy 8's, Chandelle's etc on the ME-CP checkride. It's essentially just the VFR ME add-on to tighter standards. Go figure.

Oh, sorry!

A lot of people I know like to get their single and multi commercial at the same time by going up and doing the maneuvers in a single but doing the cross country/diversions/landings in a multi. Makes for a pretty long checkride I guess. I even know one guy who got his multi-instrument-commercial and single commercial in one checkride (or technically I guess it was two checkrides on the same day) all at once.

Back