whats going on w/ sierra?

A380_800

sup guys this is my first post on JC..
cool.gif

im curious of what the changes were after ksa took over and if there were any changes what were they and why?

im planning on starting my training at an academy some time during the summer of this year... currently in the process of choosing between FSI, PAIFA and SIERRA..
grin.gif

was wondering if i could get an update of what was going on at sierra from students or instructors...
laugh.gif

when is the website going to be updated ??
confused.gif

isnt it out of date?
confused.gif

Well, we will be getting a new fleet of aircraft first of all. Two of the new planes have arrived and we will be getting about 2 every week until the whole fleet is replaced. The new aircraft are 97 or newer model 172SPs and I think 172Rs, but the 2 new ones we've got now are SPs. We're in a transition state right now, we have about 4 of the old planes of which only 1 or 2 a day are flying, and the new ones aren't flying yet because the instructors have not been standardized and we don't have checklists for them yet. Needless to say we're not quite fully operational yet, and most students are only flying about 3 days a week. Progress is slow, but things are picking up and it looks like we'll be back to our old routines pretty soon.

We will also be getting new simulators, but they will most likely wait until after the aircraft have been replaced.

We may be moving, but not for at least a year. The location we move to however will remain in the bay area. KSA wants new facilities for us as the building we are in right now is falling apart.

We now have two locations, Oakland and Stockton. I'm not sure if the Stockton location is up and running yet, but that will actually be the "headquarters" if you will. Students can transfer between Oakland and Stockton if they desire.

KSA has a lot of really good plans for the future. So far everything they have prommised they have delivered. Since we are still in a transition phase its kind of hard to tell what things will be like. It looks kind of iffy for the short term but the long term is exciting.

The website is very outdated. I have no idea what the plan is for that, but I can tell you that with all they have going on right now, the website is probably pretty low on the priority list. Just keep looking here or any other source for information about Sierra and we'll do our best to keep you informed.

Good Luck

thx for your reply..
grin.gif

ill be visiting sierra in april, and hope alot changes by then and become fully operational..
laugh.gif

Yes, waiting a couple months would probably give you a better idea of what the future holds. PM me if you have any questions, or if you would like to get together when you visit the area. I'd love to help out any way I can.

Eric

yeah through e-mail ive talked to a representative from KSA and he told me that the ceo and other executives are currently in oklahoma shopping around for new training planes.. and that they are trying their best to put things together ...

one of the factors that is really turning me down is the expensive housing around the bay area... compared to florida and arizona the prices for a place to stay is very high... do u have any resources of aprartments or townhomes around stockton (which if i enroll this will be the campus i go to) with reasonable prices and in a nice quiet neighborhood?

thx..
grin.gif

I have no idea what the prices of housing are in Stockton but I can tell you that they will be a WHOLE lot cheaper out there.

The cost of everything in CA is expensive. Housing, food, gas, utilities, taxes...I'm not going to kid you, its not easy to get by out here. Its something you should take into serious consideration. But since you are from CA I suppose the only thing that might come as a shock to you is the housing. Stockton might be a good option, and is certainly worth looking into.

Back