Whats goin on with Eagle....

CFIT99

I'm probably commenting ironically...
:panic:Heard a rumor today and ironically on a bunch of other aviaton forums that eagle might be hiring again in Jan 09 (earliest) due to boston not closing but being reduced and more flying added as the request of AA.

I hope there is some truth but won't get my hopes up as im swimming in the pool over here at AE

yea i heard that since the faa won't budge on on the slot issue in LGA, the use it or loose it one, that AA doesn't want to loose the slots so eagle would keep most of the schedule in LGA. The plan was to go from 67 departures a day to 27 in November. I'll believe it when I see it and still get my friday, saturday, sunday, days off.

Thing is we are parking planes, so I don't know how we are going to do any more flying. But yes word is BOS might not be closing and LGA might not be losing any flying.

so there is some truth to this...well thats some good news, my buddy was at a career fair in july in miami and said that they are collecting resumes for Jan of 09.

only praying good things can come of this!

I've heard that the recruiters at HQ have requested that the folks who go out and do recruiting at college campuses get ready to spool up again here pretty soon.

But, that said, what "pretty soon" means is anyones guess.

I've heard that the recruiters at HQ have requested that the folks who go out and do recruiting at college campuses get ready to spool up again here pretty soon.

But, that said, what "pretty soon" means is anyones guess.

So they are going to go recruit again, when AMR spent all that cash on people like me to attend a 3 week RJ course, but not actually hire us.

Interesting...

So they are going to go recruit again, when AMR spent all that cash on people like me to attend a 3 week RJ course, but not actually hire us.

Interesting...

There are a lot of weird things going on with labor at AMR right now.

With both pilot groups (AA/AE) in major contract negotiations regarding pay, making things look as financially dire as possible helps management's case.

If were still hiring like crazy (for attrition or growth) the whole "we're screwed if we don't tighten our belts!" line doesn't really hold water.

Alot of folks feel that the whole 'displacement bid' with parking the Saabs was a way to get some flowbacks with high pay scales out of the Captain's seat. Now that they've accomplished reshuffling the seat assignments, there are rumors swirling about more 70+ seaters at Eagle.

Of course, the company wants ZERO raises to any fleet, and seat. Why? Because if they did.. that'd raise the baseline for new aircraft, etc.

So.. don't feel too bad about getting jerked around. We're all just pawns in a MUCH larger game these days.

Back