What's goin on @ KPHX?

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
What\'s goin on @ KPHX?

Hey anyone know what is going on at KPHX?

ATIS all week has been saying the rwy. 08/26 has either been closed or only has a useable lenght of 6000 ft. of a 11,000 ft. rwy.

Is there construction going on, on the runway or something?

Lemme know.

Matthew

Re: What\'s goin on @ KPHX?

[ QUOTE ]

ATIS all week has been saying the rwy. 08/26 has either been closed or only has a useable lenght of 6000 ft. of a 11,000 ft. rwy.

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you monitor ATIS for fun?
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sadly I do :grin

Sad isn't it not to mention the fact that it is a long distance call, as I live in CVG.

I happen to know the phone numbers to ATIS in 3 cities.

KTUS,KPHX & KSLC

Trying to find out the phone number to ATIS here in KCVG but haven't had luck as of late so might have to just buy a scanner.

I have no life sadly.....
tongue.gif

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah sadly I do :grin

Sad isn't it not to mention the fact that it is a long distance call, as I live in CVG.

I happen to know the phone numbers to ATIS in 3 cities.

KTUS,KPHX & KSLC

Trying to find out the phone number to ATIS here in KCVG but haven't had luck as of late so might have to just buy a scanner.

I have no life sadly.....
tongue.gif

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

Calling long distance to listen to the ATIS of airports.........

You're ill. You need help.
laugh.gif

They're doing some work on therunways ... lengthening it and/or repaving it. Can't remember which.

Yeah exactly...I've been listening online and all week pilots have been asking about it and I have been wondering the same thing...Heres KCVG's phone number: 859-767-8210

[ QUOTE ]
Yeah exactly...I've been listening online and all week pilots have been asking about it and I have been wondering the same thing...Heres KCVG's phone number: 859-767-8210

[/ QUOTE ]

The lives are on discount on aisle 5....
laugh.gif

The atis phone numbers are listed in the AFD of they are also listed on airnav. There are also sites on the net that offer free live feeds at different airports.

My A/FD only lists the number for ASOS at CVG... it's (859) 767-8210 if you're too lazy to look outside.
smile.gif

oops, I didn't see that someone already posted it

I got this number off of flight info for awos anywhere: 877-269-2967. There is a short add before you listen but it works.

[ QUOTE ]
They're doing some work on therunways ... lengthening it and/or repaving it. Can't remember which.

[/ QUOTE ]Yup, that's what's going on.. the construction has been going on for quite some time now - you may ask "How does she know that?" - it's because our company (the construction dept that is) is one of the consultants working on the runway maintenence projects for KPHX.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Well on my behalf the calls might be long distance but I don't pay by the min.

As I have flat rate long distance on the "landline" and nationwide long distance on the celly.

Not sure if that makes me look less of a loser tho
smirk.gif

Hey thanks everyone for the ATIS no.# here in CVG.

Matthew

I can't say that I call Atis (boring) but I do turn on my hand held once in a while and listen to traffic.

KPHX rwys are 08/26 and 07L/25R & 07R/25L.

But way back when KPHX used to only be a two rwy arpt. werent the parallel rwys 08L/26R -08R/26L?

If so can anyone tell me why/when they changed the runways numbers.

Matthew

The North Pole is moving (magnetic north, not actual), so the magnetic heading of a runway will change over time. Slowly.

Don't know when they adjusted PHX's numbers to match.

The field I first learned to fly on had runway 9/27. Now it's 10/28. Drives me crazy 'cause I can't get used to the change.

[ QUOTE ]
The North Pole is moving (magnetic north, not actual), so the magnetic heading of a runway will change over time. Slowly.

The field I first learned to fly on had runway 9/27. Now it's 10/28. Drives me crazy 'cause I can't get used to the change.

[/ QUOTE ]

I have heard of magnetic drift in the course of my training but I figured that they changed em so that could have both south rwys as LEFT & RIGHTS and vice versa.

Matthew

[ QUOTE ]
[
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

Not sure if that makes me look less of a loser tho
smirk.gif

Hey thanks everyone for the ATIS no.# here in CVG.

Matthew

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah, not a loser at all. Just kidding with you. I've yet to purchase my own life from aisle 5!
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at Phoenix Sky Harbor, the numbers were adjusted when the south runway was open. It was 26L/8R and 26R/8L before. The three runways are parallel, just like the four at LAX that have different runway numbers.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not at Phoenix Sky Harbor, the numbers were adjusted when the south runway was open. It was 26L/8R and 26R/8L before. The three runways are parallel, just like the four at LAX that have different runway numbers.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wonder why PHX didn't just keep the 8/26 and make it Left/Center/Right?

Back