Whats Better??

brewpilot

Basically, I still have a job flying. There is times where I feel that if I went here... or I went here.... Or if I would of waited to go there..... All crazy sceniros.... I think about it alot today, with the way airline jobs are going and... I am very happy that I still have a job, not just a job but getting paid to do something where I don't get upset or pissed off that I have to go in to fly an airplane. I have several friends that do different things. Anywhere from techs on oil rigs making 90k a year to waitress's making 30k a year. Basically all of my friends out there still say the same thing to me. Ohhhh man thats got to be awesome getting paid to fly an airplane. What I am trying to get at. I am so happy that I have such a good job, when it comes to something I enjoy to do, and getting paid for it no matter what it is. I understand that my fellow pilots have families and etc... but all in all we love our jobs! Thank God for that! Right? I just have to say something positive about the airline life even though it is crappy right now. I hope the best for all that is on the streets and hope that we all succeed with our careers as professional pilots, I know it doesn't sound like something right now but I feel it will turn around and everyone that has a passion and desire will be able to fulfill that dream or desire.... Thats it! GOD BLESS COLGAN FLIGHT 3407 and the families that lost theirs lives. RIP

I know the feeling. I feel fortunate to have the CFI/Charter job that I have right now. I could, like many others out there, be out of a job. While this isn't my dream job, I still enjoy it a lot and it's a great way to keep me in the game and hopefully positon myself for better oppourtunities once the economy turns around.

Thanks for posting this. It gets so gloomy on here sometimes that we forget the love we have for flying airplanes. When I got out of school I did the corporate business world thing, then the international business thing, and I've never once regretted becoming a flight instructor making 4 times less money. Honestly I am very proud of what I do and it irks me to death how some people really think flight instructing is like pulling teeth. WAKE UP PEOPLE, THIS JOB ROCKS!

This is the problem though. Because we love flying airplanes so much, we can't say no to any compensation.

Airlines take advantage of that. We need to stand up and say, enough is enough before we ever see bigger, deserving wages and benefits.

Last Wednesday night I was walking back to my hotel room and Capt. Prater joined me in the elevator. We talked about how we are going to get the race to the bottom to stop. He said, it's all up to us.

He's right. We hold our future.

I totally agree! When I get the word to do something about it I will be all over it. Until then I am going to sit here and hope.

This is the problem though. Because we love flying airplanes so much, we can't say no to any compensation.

Airlines take advantage of that. We need to stand up and say, enough is enough before we ever see bigger, deserving wages and benefits.

Last Wednesday night I was walking back to my hotel room and Capt. Prater joined me in the elevator. We talked about how we are going to get the race to the bottom to stop. He said, it's all up to us.

He's right. We hold our future.

Did he have enough time to give you Alpa's strategy? Prater reminds me of every other D bag politician. I hope I am wrong.

Basically, I still have a job flying. There is times where I feel that if I went here... or I went here.... Or if I would of waited to go there..... All crazy sceniros.... I think about it alot today, with the way airline jobs are going and... I am very happy that I still have a job, not just a job but getting paid to do something where I don't get upset or pissed off that I have to go in to fly an airplane. I have several friends that do different things. Anywhere from techs on oil rigs making 90k a year to waitress's making 30k a year. Basically all of my friends out there still say the same thing to me. Ohhhh man thats got to be awesome getting paid to fly an airplane. What I am trying to get at. I am so happy that I have such a good job, when it comes to something I enjoy to do, and getting paid for it no matter what it is. I understand that my fellow pilots have families and etc... but all in all we love our jobs! Thank God for that! Right? I just have to say something positive about the airline life even though it is crappy right now. I hope the best for all that is on the streets and hope that we all succeed with our careers as professional pilots, I know it doesn't sound like something right now but I feel it will turn around and everyone that has a passion and desire will be able to fulfill that dream or desire.... Thats it! GOD BLESS COLGAN FLIGHT 3407 and the families that lost theirs lives. RIP

Good post. Every morning I wake up, and I'm not digging ditiches, doing retail, menial unfulfilling labor, I'm happy.

Back