What's better a G5 or a Global Express?

gay_pilot18

What\'s better a G5 or a Global Express?

Okay peeps what's better a G5 or a Bombardier Global Express?

Lastly keep in mind that Bombardier is coming out with a new version of there Global Express and callin it the XRS.

Anyone know if the Global Express has leading edge slats and gear doors?

Everett

Re: What\'s better a G5 or a Global Express?

The Global Express DOES have leading edge slats and gear doors...

The Global XRS will be a nice improvment over the original Global.

As far as which one is "better" (G-550 vs. Global Express XRS) it depends what the criteria is...

Max Range?
Passenger Comfort?
Cockpit Space?
High Speed Cruise Range?
Operating Costs?
Dispatch Ability?

"Better" is a arbitrary word...

[ QUOTE ]
The Global Express DOES have leading edge slats and gear doors...

The Global XRS will be a nice improvment over the original Global.

As far as which one is "better" (G-550 vs. Global Express XRS) it depends what the criteria is...

Max Range?
Passenger Comfort?
Cockpit Space?
High Speed Cruise Range?
Operating Costs?
Dispatch Ability?

"Better" is a arbitrary word...

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey thanks fer the reply. So when it comes to:

Max range
Passenger Comfort
Cockpit space
High Speed Cruise Range
Operating Cost
Dispatch Ablity

In a side by side comparison which aircraft is an all around favorite and why?

Or are both airplanes strong or weak or average/decent in different areas?

Making it a personal preference which plane you want to shell 45 million dollars out fer.

Everett

[ QUOTE ]
What's better a G5 or a Global Express?

[/ QUOTE ]

Whichever one somebody wants to pay me to fly.
grin.gif

A little idea on performance....
A GLEX departed Hilton Head Island SC (HXD) and went non-stop to Honolulou!!!! HXD is roughly a 4,000 strip! That was going into Gulfstreams backyard and saying look what I can do!!!
A GV could do the trip I believe (I think it could get out of HXD) but it would have to make a fuel stop cause it could not take all that fuel out of HXD. The G would make it to the West Coast faster but like I said I believe it would need to make the fuel stop.
A good question though is why has the GLEXs pricetag been slashed in half recently? Gulfstream products are continuing to sell at full price.
Personally though I like the G550. Something about staying loyal to the product that was built less than an hour from my home.

[ QUOTE ]
A little idea on performance....
A good question though is why has the GLEXs pricetag been slashed in half recently? Gulfstream products are continuing to sell at full price.

[/ QUOTE ]

This isn't true, not sure where you got this mis-information from. A New Global Express is running about $43.3 Million, the New Global Express XRS is priced at about $45.5 Million. These are nearly identical prices to the G-550.

[ QUOTE ]
So when it comes to:

Max range
Passenger Comfort
Cockpit space
High Speed Cruise Range
Operating Cost
Dispatch Ablity

In a side by side comparison which aircraft is an all around favorite and why?

Or are both airplanes strong or weak or average/decent in different areas?

[/ QUOTE ]

Max Range:
G-550 6,750NM at Mach 0.80
Global XRS 6,500NM at Mach 0.82

Passenger Comfort: I have heard the Global wins hands down, the cabin is much wider than the G-550. The G-550 is virtually an extended G-IV fuselage, which gives it a very "tube-like" feel, the Global feels like you are sitting in a living room.

Cockpit Space: Again, the Global has a larger, wider cockpit, much more roomy than the G-550.

High Speed Cruise Range:
Global XRS 6,150NM at Mach 0.85
G-550 6,000NM at Mach 0.85

Global XRS 5,450NM at Mach 0.87
G-550 5,000NM at Mach 0.87

Operating Costs: I think these are VERY similar between the two.

Dispatchability: The early Globals had some issues in this area, which I understand have been resolved. Some of the early G-V's had issues too. I know an operator who was stranded on a G-V demo ride and thus bought a Global, I'm sure the opposite has happened too.

Hope this info answers your questions...

[ QUOTE ]
This isn't true, not sure where you got this mis-information from. A New Global Express is running about $43.3 Million, the New Global Express XRS is priced at about $45.5 Million. These are nearly identical prices to the G-550.

[/ QUOTE ]

Could be....but.....that is what a Gulfstream Engineer told me. Maybe it was just company BS but he told me GLEX were going at half the price. He has more insight into than I do. I know the XRS will go at full price.
The Gulfstream guy told me most of the GLEX were going in the $20 million range. The only evidence I have seen of this in any of the sales publications was a broker (or maybe an individual) was looking at trading a CL604 for a GLEX. Doesn't seem like an equal trade to me. Guess there could have been other incentives in the trade but they weren't listed and I know a CL604 owner who was looking into it.

[ QUOTE ]
Could be....but.....that is what a Gulfstream Engineer told me. Maybe it was just company BS but he told me GLEX were going at half the price. He has more insight into than I do. I know the XRS will go at full price.
The Gulfstream guy told me most of the GLEX were going in the $20 million range. The only evidence I have seen of this in any of the sales publications was a broker (or maybe an individual) was looking at trading a CL604 for a GLEX. Doesn't seem like an equal trade to me. Guess there could have been other incentives in the trade but they weren't listed and I know a CL604 owner who was looking into it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Used Globals are "on sale", but so are used G-V's... It is a very soft market right now, everything is selling at a discount. I've seen used G-V's selling for far less than a new Falcon 900EX.

The Global that is looking to trade down to a 604 also requires "Financial Betterment", it isn't an even trade.

Could be.... but Everett and myself seem to favor the Global Express. And with the XRS coming out it truly sounds like an awesome business jet made all that much better.

Matthew
aka Katsuhara

anyone know where i can pick up a used GV or global. i'm thinking of purchasing one to build hours. screw flight instructing!
smirk.gif

Back