What would you do?

What would you do if this happend to you?

Your working for a regional airline. Now your ready to work for a major airline, but they just finished hiring pilots. What would you do?

I now this sounds stupid but what would you do?

Um - I'd become a male stripper. There's a market for late 30's, out of shape, male strippers, right?

747, this situation is exactly what is happening with many regional pilots today.

You are asking a lot of questions that make it sound like you are seeking guarantees before you enter this industry. Well, I hate to be the bearer of bad tidings, but there are no guarantees in aviation! If you want a career field with a guarantee, I suggest you become a tax collector or a mortician, because those are the only two places you'll have a guaranteed supply of customers. If you're not willing to take a few risks, you'll never be able to survive a career in aviation. For that matter, you'll lead a very sheltered and unexciting life.

I think most of us that are flying professionally can safely say that our careers have gone differently than we would have imagined when we started out. In some cases, the differences were for the better, and in some cases not. That's just the way it goes in aviation ... ultimately, this field is governed by lots of factors way outside the control of any one pilot.

r2f...Tell me that picture is real.....thats a great idea. airports shoudl start training people to do that type of work.

It's real. I have that picture in one of my safety seminars. It was done at Ormond Beach back in the 80's.

The same guy trying to pull the wheel down was in a chase plane helping another pilot out at the same airport a few years later. The plane had to do a wheels up landing and he talked them down.

Hang out at the regional for the next 5-10 years until the majors started hiring again I guess. All the time keeping my eye out for a good corporate gig. For all I know that may be a better fit than the majors anyway. Just take what is given to you and look for the bright side of things.

[ QUOTE ]
Just take what is given to you and look for the bright side of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, it's real.

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw a video of this situation on one of those "you gotta see this" shows. It was pretty cool.

FL270,

You forgot cops. In addition to tax collectors and mortitians, cops will always be needed. As long as there are idiots, law breakers, and thieves, there will be those to enforce them.
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Um - I'd become a male stripper. There's a market for late 30's, out of shape, male strippers, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Friar tuck looking
laugh.gif
guys encouraged to apply

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Just take what is given to you and look for the bright side of things.

[/ QUOTE ]

Good advice

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed upon

[ QUOTE ]
As far as I know, it's real.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey that picture is real! I remember seeing the video on a news broadcast! The plane went around twice with the car under it before the driver could time it right with the plane and that guy could reach the gear and pull it down!

[ QUOTE ]
There's a market for late 30's, out of shape, male strippers, right?

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey if Chris Farley could do it, I don't see why you couldn't...
wink.gif

Back