What would you charge? (to ferry a light single)

[ QUOTE ]
Probably all told, $2,000 is reasonable per 24 hour period.

Expenses, plus operating costs, plus good looking pilot, plus tip.

[/ QUOTE ]

See, that's what happens when you get used to filing travel claims at the end of every little 2 day TDY, isn't it MikeD??
grin.gif

av8rmsu:

I said: "Tell the customer that your normal rate for one hour is $30/hour"

You said: "You worked hard for your ratings and deserve to get paid at least $25 an hour for your services"

You conclude: "Raking some one over the coals because "they can afford it" is bad carma and a good way to ruin your reputation"

QUESTION: At what point between $25/hr and $30/hr did it go from the right thing, to raking somebody over the coals.

I think most people understood what I was saying, in case you didn't I'll rephrase... Establish and charge a normal commercial rate (say 30-50/hr, or whatever you think makes sense). Then, if you want to discount that rate for special circumstances (hungry, feel sorry for somebody, Christmas spirit) go ahead.)

Oh, and to address your question, "what does the airline industry downturn have to do with GA...".
First, you must be a commercial pilot to charge for this flight. Second, there are a ton of commercial pilots out of work. Third, most people attribute the excess number of commercial pilot to the downturn in the airline industry.

I've taken a little flack from my colleagues for how little I charged for this flight ("some of us have to use this money to eat, you know"). In the future, I think I will set my "going rate" at 25/hr, until I get my CFI at which point I will charge 35/hr for these type of flights.

Back