What to do for a year (Worldwide)? FAA ATP/EASA 600h+ Turbine

tumppi

The good: after a lenghty process I got selected by a major airline (Europe).
The bad: my class date is in 12 months+

Currently working part-time for a private/commercial operator (PC12), our gigs are very occasional (1-3 per month currently), I am not salaried and would probably make more on full unemployment. Grateful as I am for the position keeping me current etc., it doesn't exactly pay the bills and I would like to focus on something full-time. It would be great to do something productive during this period, such as getting back to flight instructing or doing some type of bush flying.
I am open to moving almost anywhere - such as Africa or Asia (have worked in both areas with military) and don't mind austere living conditions. And yes, if I had a visa I would be back in the US in a heartbeat with all the opportunities there. And no, I'm not ready for McDonalds just yet. ;)

Any tips or leads are much appreciated. Feel free to PM, too.

FAA ATP, CFI, CFI-I and all EASA stuff current
Part 135 and EASA AOC experience
1600h+ TT
600h+ Turbine
600h+ Dual given

Have you looked into Boutique or Surf Air? There's also a 135 operation out of New Hampshire and Puerto Rico who's name I can't recall, but I believe you can make 55k to 65k depending on which base is available. I think Boutique Air was looking for a captain for LAX at like 64k and I think they weren't looking for less experience than you have.

Have you looked into Boutique or Surf Air? There's also a 135 operation out of New Hampshire and Puerto Rico who's name I can't recall, but I believe you can make 55k to 65k depending on which base is available. I think Boutique Air was looking for a captain for LAX at like 64k and I think they weren't looking for less experience than you have.
He said he doesn't have a visa, so he can't come work in the US.

Thanks for the tips guys. I have few friends at Boutique Air, and Surf Air (my p135 experience is from there actually). I think that East Coast / PR operator is Tradewind Aviation and they seem to be hiring constantly.. Also PlaneSense in East Coast. But yeah, like z987k clarified, I am not eligible to apply.

Back