what time in the A.M.

smokey1

What time do students need to be at the airport each morning in Jacksonville, and do you go to the airport 7 days a week?

Smoke Dog...............................................................

So how much time can we expect to be able to go out on the weekends or whenever? Any suggestions for hotspots to go to, or nice restaurants down by the beach?

[ QUOTE ]
So how much time can we expect to be able to go out on the weekends or whenever?

[/ QUOTE ]

buahahahah!! that is the funniest thing i ever heard. just kidding, youdo have a decent amount of time in the private pilot program. but once the ACP starts , you might get a weekend or two off during the three months. its very fast paced.

[ QUOTE ]
Any suggestions for hotspots to go to, or nice restaurants down by the beach?

[/ QUOTE ]

Less than 10 minutes from the apartments is the beach, and there are couple bars like Lynch's, the ritz, or the atlantic which are good. and the ocean club is the only club i know at the beach.

Typically, how many hours a day are you at the airport during the ppl, and how much ground school do you get for the ppl course. I saw the ppl classroom, but I forgot to ask how much time they spend actually going over the material. I'm trying to figure this out because I'm trying to figure out when you guys study.

Well smokey, I'm sure you've heard this answer before, but it varies.
When I went through, we had ground school for a couple of hours each day for the first two weeks. After that we flew mostly and a good part of the day was spent away from the airport. We had a good amount of time at the end of the day to study. It seems like a ton of stuff to do in a tiny amount of time, but if you come prepared with your writtens done and a solid background of knowledge from taking those writtens, you'll be more than fine.

One other thing...has anyone just biked it to the airport since its like 6miles or so away from Danforth? I'm trying to think of any way to save money while I'm training...would be good to keep in shape anyway
wink.gif

I was just thinking about biking from the Apts. to Craig and made the decision to not ride in morning traffic with the drivers in Jacksonville. I witnessed two accidents while I was there and many many close calls. There is no bike lane to speak of either.

The ride is long enough to work up a good sweat. Even more if you're carrying books, headset, etc.
Since there are no showers, your instructor might not appreciate climbing into the airplane with you after your ride to the airport.
On the other hand, instructors take great pride seeing you sweat in the airplane when the temperature in the cockpit is only 40 F.
wink.gif

Back