What preflight maneuver did you have to teach?

Chandelles and Rectanguar course. He let me pick and I already had these made up in Power Point for a CFI class I took.

I guess I had it easy. My examiner had me teach steep turns.

As far as the checkride, it depends on who it is with. Try to find someone on here or at your FBO/Flightschool that has done the same checkride with the same examiner and get a gouge. Even if it was a year ago, the first guy probably remembers most of what they covered.

If the examiner is mostly theoretical;
1. FOI all day long.
2. Aerodynamic theory
3. PTS Special emphasis items (Ad nauseum)
4. Weather
5. Flight planning

If the examiner is mostly practical;
1. Endorsements
2. Lesson plans
3. PTS ratings task table
4. Regulations regarding private and commercial experience (61.109(A) and 129(A)).
5. Special Emphasis Items (Because they have to)

Call the examiner beforehand to ask him his weight (For the weight and balance calculation) and if there is "anything else he would like you to have prepared beforehand". They cannot disclose their Plan of Action, but this usually gives you a good list on what to study.

Talk to your instructor and find if he thinks you have any defiencies. He might not want to bring up little shortcommings because you are within the PTS. But he knows your flying and your ground and if there is anything that needs work, he can tell you.

Good luck to you, sir.

Simulated Engine Failure, when we actually did the maneuver, we went down to practically the ground, maybe a few feet off.

The vacuum system. The other guy in my oral got the pitot/static system.

...or was it the other way around?

Either way, it was a non-event.

-mini

Back