What is your goal as a pilot?

CaptainHook

What is your goal as a pilot? Did you decide to become a pilot for pleasure, or to make a career out of it? What route do you want to go with (Airline, corporate, agricultural? etc....)?

That my landings equall my takeoffs, and that the airplane can be used again. Seriously though my driving goals are to be recognized not only as a good "stick" but to have the total confidence of my passengers. I am a better pilot than some because I am willing to say no, not because I can fly a flight that others would not. I always wanted to fly corporate, I had a very good chance to get on with one of the majors prior to 9-11, but in hindsight I am glad that I stayed put.

My goals as a pilot, is to be as proficiant as I can humanly be. Do it safely and as proffessional as possible, but still have fun and enjoy what I do. I want to fly regionals and possibly move on to the majors. If I fly regionals till I'm 60, I'll be happy. I don't like flying long hops anyways.

Retire!
grin.gif

To be a safe, competent, and wise pilot. I would love to get a gig as either a corporate, regional, or Cargo(Fed-Ex, UPS, or DHL) pilot.

[ QUOTE ]
What is your goal as a pilot?

[/ QUOTE ]

to not kill the guy sitting next to me in the airplane.

I don't know...

for now just have fun and get some ratings! Maybe someday I'll get paid for it, whatever 'it' is.

Hmm, well right now I guess my number one goal is to at least graduate from ERAU.
smile.gif
After that, I'll take anything that pays no matter how little. I'd also like to try to always have as much fun flying as I do now, no matter how long I do it.

I'd like to make a decent income out of the career I enjoy. Unfortunately, as a CFI that dream hasn't come true yet.

My goal is to become a proficient pilot and earn a decent income and living while doing so. The way the market looks now, I'd take any pilot job available to me. I'm just a beginner in this industry though...
cool.gif

I like to one day fly the transoceanic routes. If that doesn't work out, I'd at least like to fly some big iron with JB or Airtran.

[ QUOTE ]
My goal is to be the guy in the back of the corporate jet
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

That is what I'm talking about!!!!!!!!!!!! To take it one step further, I'd like to be the guy that owns my own Citation X or G-IV and fly it with one of my staff pilots once in a while.

Management pilot for a major airline, such as SWA, ATA, or JetBlue. I've always liked the "low-fare carriers", and now it just happens they are the big players. Until then, I just hope to make it through SF3 training!
shocked.gif
grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
To join the mile high club.
wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, I've always wondered. Seeing how if you're hooking up with someone on a commercial flight, you're at 35K feet, does that mean you get to join the seven mile high club? Or do you join the mile high club seven times?

And if I just hook up with someone in Denver, do I get to join? What if it was this one time at Breckenridge, which is at 9600 feet?

Sorry, I'm in a bit of a smart ass mood tonight.

Back