What is it?

mooneyguy

been around forever
Ok Just for fun, who can guess what plane this is...

Attachments

• tstn-02.jpg
    tstn-02.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 150
Early design 1952 PA23 Apache w/twin vert. stabs.
Had 125hp Lycomings

Getting so close, tech you are correct! The twin tail does indicate it was the original design NOT created by piper, and not called an apache! However once piper replaced the tail with the single straight tail it was renamed the apache...the first of the Indian names.

:clap::rawk::beer::nana2: That is the name!

Should known a tail dragger fan would have it...did you know there was at least one (twin stinson) built as a tail dragger?

Was familiar with that taildragger version. In fact, we discussed Twin Stinsons in a thread some time back - I believe we tried to get T-cart to let Ctab and I convert his Apache to a taildragger twin Stinson, or at least a double tailed version. Run a search on "Twin Stinson" and it is in the "Chocks won't hold it thread" = also some pretty good stuff you might like in that thread! Thanks for this one.

Was familiar with that taildragger version. In fact, we discussed Twin Stinsons in a thread some time back - I believe we tried to get T-cart to let Ctab and I convert his Apache to a taildragger twin Stinson, or at least a double tailed version. Run a search on "Twin Stinson" and it is in the "Chocks won't hold it thread" = also some pretty good stuff you might like in that thread! Thanks for this one.

Good link. I didn't even think to check for it. Didn't figure it would be there.

OK, Here is another.

Attachments

• twinm.jpg
    twinm.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 75
yes it was the "twin mooney" the airframe was the m20 airframe. obviously it never made it very far!
Dont really see the need, the mooneys are faster then most light twins. Even the M20J with a 4 cyl cruises at 160kts

Back