What I learned during IOE (long)

Did they let you run the multi program or did they give it to Bo?

They offered but I didn't want it..figured it would have trapped me there for another 2 years and I couldn't take being asked "uh sir sir when sir is my check sir ride sir sir" ALL day everyday plus I was making more flying hourly. Beau left a few weeks before me...when I left Mike was running multi/CFI

I don't know how you did it, but in 6 months I had enough. Congratulation on the job, now you don't have to worry about the students calling you telling you that they missed the bus.

Hey Plane, Sorry to hear about your pay issue. All I can say is that I haven't heard anything like that before. Honestly. I've been at your base for a long time and the good thing about it is, you rarely do tdy, so crew sched. rarely has that much opportunity to mess with you. You're right about the IOE capt. that you flew with. He is by far the best capt that I have flown with since coming to Colgan. Stick it out for a while and I promise that things get normal(if you can call what we do normal). Good luck and I'll see you around.

Hey Plane, Sorry to hear about your pay issue. All I can say is that I haven't heard anything like that before. Honestly. I've been at your base for a long time and the good thing about it is, you rarely do tdy, so crew sched. rarely has that much opportunity to mess with you. You're right about the IOE capt. that you flew with. He is by far the best capt that I have flown with since coming to Colgan. Stick it out for a while and I promise that things get normal(if you can call what we do normal). Good luck and I'll see you around.

Hey thanks for the words of encouragement I appreciate it and looking forward to things getting back to "normal." Did we get the chance to meet last week?

jason what it is mang? im sorry that happened to you man. where are you going to be based?

Whats crackin'...Stuff happens as they say from what I read your's was pretty interesting too. I got TYR with Ben. I heard that you, Chance, and Tom are ALB based, you guys meet up yet?

No, we didn't get a chance to meet, but I knew the IOE capt you were with was doing some IOE starting on the 4th, and I recognized the show times. That six leg day out of TYR is hell on wheels. No time to eat until right before the last leg and quick turns. It gets better the more you do it and learn what you can do before hand to speed things up. Plus you just get a lot faster at doing everything, from picking up the ATIS and getting the clearance, to filling out all the paperwork and setting up the radios and navs. You will learn the routes and frequencies like the back of your hand before too long. TYR has some really good captains who you can learn a lot from, plus the lines are usually better for building time than IAH. If both you and Ben are going to TYR, that will put the station one heavy on FO's. Whoever is junior will probably get a build up reserve line, while the other one will hold a line right off. Well dude, enjoy your days off and I'll see you later.

If both you and Ben are going to TYR, that will put the station one heavy on FO's. Whoever is junior will probably get a build up reserve line, while the other one will hold a line right off. Well dude, enjoy your days off and I'll see you later.

That puts me on reserve :rawk:

Hooray! Bids are due today at midnight unless I am mistaken.... I know I will get my first choice of lines!:sarcasm:
Good to meet y'all a few days back.... and I will be seein' ya pretty dang soon.

What it do mang!?

B

Whats crackin'...Stuff happens as they say from what I read your's was pretty interesting too. I got TYR with Ben. I heard that you, Chance, and Tom are ALB based, you guys meet up yet?

chance from the aviator?

Hooray! Bids are due today at midnight unless I am mistaken.... I know I will get my first choice of lines!:sarcasm:
Good to meet y'all a few days back.... and I will be seein' ya pretty dang soon.

What it do mang!?

B

You guys down in IAH and TYR live in your own little world. We dont even have bid packages in the north east.

But the guys down in TX might have to fly with BP as their CA. Nothing is worse then that.:D

But the guys down in TX might have to fly with BP as their CA. Nothing is worse then that.:D

None of you have to fly with my sorry arse, so thank the FSM for that! NOTHING is worse than a turd like me who buys everything at least one night per trip, per crew.

My best record yet is 2 franklins in a northern town that rhymes with Siber-acuse. Good luck guys, I hope you right the wrongs with your airline.

But don't fly with me. I'm a bastard. ;)

not yet. i think maybe this weekend. i have to work all weekend so ill be around. when do you start the grind?

Back