What happened to the Szluka Award?

Bumblebee

Commodore
With all this talk about Failboat Skipper...

Who won the Szluka Award this year?:dunno:

That award personified the idea of Jetcareers, and is a positive reinforcement of the values to which we subscribe here.

Reaching out to each member and sharing wisdom, or trying to learn from those with more experience, and sharing an open mind while Paying It Forward.

I would much rather see more excitement about the person who came out of their shell, and did their best to maximize the opportunity provided by NJC, than who got drunk and jumped in the pool.

I also understand the Failboat Skipper award, we used to call those Lump Lump in band...

I would not want to emulate a Failboat Skipper.:rolleyes:

I have tried to emulate Szluka.:rawk:

And in many ways I have tried to emulate a Bumblebee. :)

It doesn't need to retain the same name, but I agree with you. I liked the fact that we recognized a member who tried to make the best of the opportunity NJC/ACE offered.

What do the attendees think? Who would receive the award?

Fair enough.

Since there's already been a great deal of talk about 'most improved' etc, so on, I nominate Rex for the Szluka Award.

Not only were his social graces much boasted about across the spectrum, this year he showed up to social events wearing a jacket instead of finishing them wearing ketchup.

Bravo, sir!

I nominate Hootie - he was able to work the room in a non-creepy way, very friendly and outgoing. Definitely someone who would pay it forward and took advantage of the opportunities that NJC/ACE offered.

With all this talk about Failboat Skipper...

Who won the Szluka Award this year?:dunno:

That award personified the idea of Jetcareers, and is a positive reinforcement of the values to which we subscribe here.

Reaching out to each member and sharing wisdom, or trying to learn from those with more experience, and sharing an open mind while Paying It Forward.

I would much rather see more excitement about the person who came out of their shell, and did their best to maximize the opportunity provided by NJC, than who got drunk and jumped in the pool.

I also understand the Failboat Skipper award, we used to call those Lump Lump in band...

I would not want to emulate a Failboat Skipper.:rolleyes:

I have tried to emulate Szluka.:rawk:

Here, Here......Some may not recall NJC2004, but let's kick it Old School....I vividly remember the double-wide days at the Hawthorne Suites. Dale went out of his way to greet everyone and shake as many hands as possible. To this day I still can vividly recall within 5 minutes of entering the room (double-wide trailer) Dale came up to me, introduced himself, and made conversation and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. The energy he brought to the event was Great:rawk:

I still shake my head in amazement when I think of where this all started and where it has come.

:clap: To all who have participated in the growth of this thing we call Jetcareers! I only wish I was there this year....:(

Here, Here......Some may not recall NJC2004, but let's kick it Old School....I vividly remember the double-wide days at the Hawthorne Suites. Dale went out of his way to greet everyone and shake as many hands as possible. To this day I still can vividly recall within 5 minutes of entering the room (double-wide trailer) Dale came up to me, introduced himself, and made conversation and seemed genuinely interested in what I had to say. The energy he brought to the event was Great:rawk:

I still shake my head in amazement when I think of where this all started and where it has come.

:clap: To all who have participated in the growth of this thing we call Jetcareers! I only wish I was there this year....:(

The last NJC I attended was '04, and lemme tell you the difference is night and day. Sure, the double-wide year was still a lot of fun, just because of everyone getting together and hanging out. But, OMG this year, compared to that... :drool: Wow. Just wow.

The last NJC I attended was '04, and lemme tell you the difference is night and day. Sure, the double-wide year was still a lot of fun, just because of everyone getting together and hanging out. But, OMG this year, compared to that... :drool: Wow. Just wow.

Uh yeah... even compared to last year. Epic.

Ladies and gentlemen, as usual, I will have to depart from the normal order of things and nominate somebody else for the Szluka award.

I think it should go to Martin. This was nobody else at this event that epitomized what Szluka, and really this website, stand for. Paying it forward, mentoring those of us that need it the most, opening doors for those that work the hardest, and maybe most importantly being hilarious, are all qualities that Martin holds in spades. Not only that, but he managed to get his employer to this event, and in his usual, muted yet underhanded manner, managed to be an awesome guy to hang out with throughout the event.

Everybody may not agree, but I think Martin was truly the man of the hour this year.

:clap:
Ladies and gentlemen, as usual, I will have to depart from the normal order of things and nominate somebody else for the Szluka award.

I think it should go to Martin. This was nobody else at this event that epitomized what Szluka, and really this website, stand for. Paying it forward, mentoring those of us that need it the most, opening doors for those that work the hardest, and maybe most importantly being hilarious, are all qualities that Martin holds in spades. Not only that, but he managed to get his employer to this event, and in his usual, muted yet underhanded manner, managed to be an awesome guy to hang out with throughout the event.

Everybody may not agree, but I think Martin was truly the man of the hour this year.
:clap:

Martin and Rex stand as weird bookends of the people I enjoy around these parts. Can we split it and award Rex "most improved" and Martin "jedi master" honors? I'm sort of shocked (and weirdly stoked) that Rex didn't engender any hilarious pictures/ribald discussions, but I'm equally impressed that Martin took the time out of his very busy Real Life to "pay it forward". I salute you both. You're the White Hats, boys. And in all earnestness, the reason I waste way too much time on here.

Martin and Rex stand as weird bookends of the people I enjoy around these parts. Can we split it and award Rex "most improved" and Martin "jedi master" honors? I'm sort of shocked (and weirdly stoked) that Rex didn't engender any hilarious pictures/ribald discussions, but I'm equally impressed that Martin took the time out of his very busy Real Life to "pay it forward". I salute you both. You're the White Hats, boys. And in all earnestness, the reason I waste way too much time on here.

Maybe we can christen a new award for most improved...The Rex.

Maybe I'm still hung over, but did you just say you'd enjoy being bookended by Martin and Rex?

You've always been one to color outside the lines, but that was a very creative coming-out post. I think we're all touched you chose us to be the first people you told. :beer:

One person I would recommend, who is understated, but has been a positive voice here and every single post is filled with wisdom and knowledge. He also has made himself available far beyond anything I have ever done, and really is someone I would epitomize if I could fit in his boots is Captain Bob...he has been Captain Bob since he was in flight school and has carried himself that way throughout the entire time I have known him...(Can you believe it's been 7 years Bob?!?!)

I would recommend him for the Pay It Forward award, if we should ever have one.:clap: to you Bob.

Another vote for Martin. Not only was he (by the sounds of it) instrumental in getting Atlas/Polar to ACE, I'm sure he answered alot of questions over and over and was very cool and laid back about it. I wish I could have shot the breeze with him a little bit more.
Cheers :beer:

One person I would recommend, who is understated, but has been a positive voice here and every single post is filled with wisdom and knowledge. He also has made himself available far beyond anything I have ever done, and really is someone I would epitomize if I could fit in his boots is Captain Bob...he has been Captain Bob since he was in flight school and has carried himself that way throughout the entire time I have known him...(Can you believe it's been 7 years Bob?!?!)

I would recommend him for the Pay It Forward award, if we should ever have one.:clap: to you Bob.
Bob is the man. It was great to meet him this year.
Another vote for Martin. Not only was he (by the sounds of it) instrumental in getting Atlas/Polar to ACE, I'm sure he answered alot of questions over and over and was very cool and laid back about it. I wish I could have shot the breeze with him a little bit more.
Cheers :beer:
Martin is awesome! I strive to be more like him.:beer:

Back