What do you think about my plan?

jeskoe

I just wanted to tell everyone that I only discovered this site about 2 weeks ago, but it is absolutely great. I just wanted to tell you guys my "master plan", and see if anyone has any suggestions or comments. Right now I am currently in the Navy (enlisted) stationed at Point Mugu, CA. July of next year, I am planning on re-enlisted for 3 years and moving up to Lemoore, CA. I found a flight school in Fresno that really looks good. It is Mazzei Flying Service. Has anyone heard anything good or bad about it. I am planning on becoming a professional pilot, via the Flight Instructor route, and this school looks like it has a really good CFI/Multi-engine program. Let me know what you think. Also, any pilots in the Camarillo area that wouldn't mind taking me for a ride, I would love to hear from you, because as Doug says, "Network, network, network!!!"

I'd suggest a in-person visit to Mazzei and see what type of 'gut feeling' you get since you're in California. Come back and tell us what you sensed and we'll chat!

I would suggest that you do a search on the forums for "mazzei." I know that at least two or three of us have discussed it before.

As mentioned in a few of my previous posts, I am heading for Mazzei and start at the end of August. My wife and I are actually in the process of driving across the country and visiting friends and family on our way to Fresno . . .

Mazzei seemed to be the perfect fit for me, but, as with any school, I am sure it's not right for everyone. As Doug said, head out there and check it out in person. Jerry is their recruitment guy and he'd be happy to talk to you about what they have to offer and the pluses and minuses of Mazzei.

As for good and bad reputations, I spoke with a number of people who had great experiences there and a few that left because they wanted something different . . . but even those that left didn't have negative, harsh things to say.

I'll report on my Mazzei experiences as I start the program, but right now I'll just wish you luck and sign off.
wink.gif

Best,

PhotoPilot

Damn! Lemoore's out in the middle of NOWHERE! Hope you like a lot of nothing! Like Doug says go check it out before you make up you mind. Make sure that the school fits your needs and personaity.

Back