What do these terms really mean?

mrivc211

If someone were to ask you to define a VOLT AMP and WATT what would it be?

At first your kinda like.........a VOLT?
smirk.gif
.......then your thinking......a VOLT is a VOLT right?

It's one of those things where you know what it is, but not really!

Someone care to explain their definitions of these three items?
Thanks

Yo no fumo Crack pero he querido de vez en cuando y si quieres hablar en espanol esta bien conmigo porque hablo tanto en ingles como en espanol.

A Watt is a measure of power.
Amperage is a measure of current.
Voltage is a measure of the electric potential.

In the water/electric analogy, watts are like the amount of gallons being passed down the pipe. Amps are like the width of the pipe, and voltage is like pressure in the line.

[ QUOTE ]
Yo no fumo Crack pero he querido de vez en cuando y si quieres hablar en espanol esta bien conmigo porque hablo tanto en ingles como en espanol.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oooohhhh... que él consiguió punked!!!!! ¡Cuál es peor es que no tengo una pista cómo esta traducción libre trabajará!!

grin.gif
I know what I said now!! I said, "Oooohhhh... that he obtained punked!!!!! Which is worse is than I do not have a track how this free translation will work!"

Oh, my.....

HAAhahahahahahahahahahahahahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
: grin:
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
: grin:
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
:

That means I couldn't stop laughing.

[ QUOTE ]
grin.gif
I know what I said now!! I said, "Oooohhhh... that he obtained punked!!!!! Which is worse is than I do not have a track how this free translation will work!"

Oh, my.....

[/ QUOTE ]

Hah....I hate the free translations also
grin.gif

Oh man that screwed up the reply button know its in a different county. Let me fix that for you (for FREE). Great now that I put free I'm going to get a ton of pm's.

VOLT = measure of electrical potential, i.e. the work required to move a unit of electrical charge between two points. One Volt = one Joule of work required to move per Coulomb of charge. One Coulomb = basic unit of charge. V=J/C

AMP = time rate of movement of charge past a point. One Amp = one Coulomb per second. A=C/s

WATT = measure of power (work per unit time). One Watt = One Joule per second. W=J/s.

Volts * Amps = Watts

[ QUOTE ]
A Watt is a measure of power.
Amperage is a measure of current.
Voltage is a measure of the electric potential.

[/ QUOTE ]

All volt and no watt LOL!!!!!!!!!!!

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

que bueno

Back