What did you take with you of ryour 90 days??

Tram

Hey guys-

I'm just wondering what some of you have taken during your stay??

DVD players? I know you'll have some off time..

I just don't want to bring a PS2 or DVD player or r/c airplane or something and look like a fool..
smile.gif

We all need SOMETHING to blow off steam-- right?
wink.gif

I know for a fact that there has been quite a few HALO matches on X-Box at the Dallas Location Apartments.
smile.gif

It seems to suck you in though! I've seen guys play those way too much vs. study for practicals... Remember, it is a concentrated program, and yes there is some downtime, but I recommend you use it wisely. Also remember, (if you wish to get hired) that it is a 90 day job interview. I had my laptop to keep me occupied. Believe it or not I mostly studied for the 90 days, hit the Rock Gym a few times, and that was about it.

I've seen guys bring their golf clubs, Computers, DVD players, etc... you're free to bring what you like that makes you happy and helps you relieve stress. Don't worry about what other people think about it.

Bob

Right... and Correct...!
smile.gif

Of course, a few changes of clothes, and your personal hygiene items along with a couple of bath towels, etc... wouldn't hurt either!
tongue.gif

Seriously though, the Apts have beds, dressers, nightstands, two full bathrooms, kitchen with Microwave, dishwasher, Fridge, toaster, coffee maker, utensils, cups, mugs, plates, bowls, pots & pans, washer & dryer... typically a couch and loveseat, coffee table, TV stand with TV and VCR, Ironing board, Iron, Dining room table and chairs, etc... Of course I can't forget the wonderful "Sectional Chart" wallpaper that alot of them have as well!
smile.gif

Anyway, hope that helps.

Bob

Sweet.. So if I show up with an R/C heli or airplane no one is gonna freak?
smile.gif

Maybe I need to get a laptop, did you find it useful during your stay?

Thanks
Jeff

I recomend bringing a sleeping bag instead of sheets, blankets etc. When you are on your cross countries a sleeping bag is much easier to handle (speaking from experience).

[ QUOTE ]
Sooner do you stay in apts sometimes while doing the x/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Apartments at some locations and hotels at others.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Sooner do you stay in apts sometimes while doing the x/c?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. Apartments at some locations and hotels at others.

[/ QUOTE ]

...and during the XC phase, always pack a change of clothes and sleeping bag/sheets, no matter what anyone or dispatch tells you. Unexpected re-routing occurs, and you find yourself in a Wal-Mart at midnight looking for the basics...:)

[ QUOTE ]
LOL!
grin.gif
You'd be surprised at what some people have left behind!
shocked.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Kind of like doing a barracks change-over in the Marine Corps over in Japan. You never know what you're going to find when you inspect the rooms....well, actually you know exactly what to find...
grin.gif

Back