What a year

ASpilot2be

Qbicle seat warmer
As of sometime in the last week I broke 1000tt. It has been one hell of a ride. I started the year at 250tt. I have seen a lot, and learned a lot about flying. My flying as improved a lot. It is funny, because I started this job crosswinds made me nervous. But I did a 25kt crosswind the other day on a super slick runway. Being that you are basically flying a sail it takes some work, but isnt horrible. Now I am looking forward to hopping in the 207 and getting some PIC time.

Thank you to @Derg and @Kristie for putting together such an awesome site. And everybody that has given me help and advice along the way. @Polar742 @rjmore @SurferLucas @Bumblebee and anybody else I may have missed.

I am so damn proud of you!!! Congrats!!! You have stayed focused, humble, nice, never whined, never complained, been positive and just kept working and stepping forward. You truly appreciate everything you have...... your life, where you live, your job......man, a lot of guys could learn a thing or two from you. You have mastered what is important and how much the simple small things matter. Keep it up. Don't change or I will hunt you down!!

I seriously hope the future offers many more adventures and opportunities for you. Any employer would be lucky to have you on their team and any pilot would be happy to share a cockpit with you. You're a terrific young man. I mean that sincerely. Your attitude is to be envied and emulated.

p.s. Man, you have flown a lot this year! Good on you.

Last edited:
Thank you! The CASA time may lead to some interesting opportunities in Africa. We will see what happens down the road.

Good job Alec! You're getting to be an old pro now. The time starts adding up like crazy from here on out and before you know it you'll have that second thousand. Enjoy this part of your career, it is the most fun you'll have flying so don't take it for granted.

Happy new year!

Thank you! I am having a blast, except for my back killing me at the end of three weeks. But hey, its part of the territory.

Happy New Year to you too!

As of sometime in the last week I broke 1000tt. It has been one hell of a ride. I started the year at 250tt. I have seen a lot, and learned a lot about flying. My flying as improved a lot. It is funny, because I started this job crosswinds made me nervous. But I did a 25kt crosswind the other day on a super slick runway. Being that you are basically flying a sail it takes some work, but isnt horrible. Now I am looking forward to hopping in the 207 and getting some PIC time.

Thank you to @Derg and @Kristie for putting together such an awesome site. And everybody that has given me help and advice along the way. @Polar742 @rjmore @SurferLucas @Bumblebee and anybody else I may have missed.

All of this is but a footnote on what happened this year in your personal life. Proud of you brotha!

It's been a lot of fun seeing all the pics you post and watching the adventure unfold, congrats on everything! If I make it to Anchorage next Summer, beers are on me! ;)

Excellent job Alec! I'm with A Life Aloft in everything he said. You're a class act and its been awesome to watch your progress. We are all proud of you man. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be an AS pilot sooner than later. You're almost there.

Excellent job Alec! I'm with A Life Aloft in everything he said. You're a class act and its been awesome to watch your progress. We are all proud of you man. There is no doubt in my mind that you will be an AS pilot sooner than later. You're almost there.
Thanks man! That means a lot.

I would suggest you come down here and be Haines based in the 207 once you've got some more time in that machine, but honestly it'd be a sidetrack if your goal is AS. Keep rocking!

I would suggest you come down here and be Haines based in the 207 once you've got some more time in that machine, but honestly it'd be a sidetrack if your goal is AS. Keep rocking!
I would love that! But I want a two on/two off schedule, and CASS so I can travel

Back