What a crock of $#*!

[ QUOTE ]
Hello Ready,

Well, a 172 can drop NBC weapons & parachutists! I'm pretty sure that a 172 in a power dive could take out any armored limousine as well, though I'm sure they all look the same from the air. Also, don't forget about keeping the airspace around Marine 1 (Presidential Helicopter) clear and safe. All you have to do is clip the main rotor with something and there's a 90%+ chance it's going down HARD! And a 172 or any other light GA aircraft can be used as a distraction to lure us away from the main event.

[/ QUOTE ]
Well then... I stand corrected. Let's shut GA down for good.
wink.gif

yes, I hate the the way the media makes GA more of a threat than it probably is, but, you never know. Better safe than sorry.

The 172 hitting rotor blades is a scenario I hadn't thought of either. But still, not much of a threat unless...

I'm not against training for the scenario but why do it over a populated area (and the Capitol no less) in a TFR? Why not do it in a MOA where stuff like this is supposed to happen?

It's a publicity stunt more than anything.

This is one of the most stupid and assinine things that Tom Ridge has come up with, and he's come up with a bunch of stupid and assinine things.

They've already got Customs choppers harassing and shadowing those of us who, God forbid, take advantage of living in a free country and actually fly within 15 miles of what used to be symbols of freedom.

And for what? To waste more tax dollars so we go deeper into debt?

Back