Westwind Gear Problem SRQ

In the A-10, with a gear emergency, if at all possible land with all gear down, or all gear up. Secondarily with nose only, and tertiary with nose and one main.

One main only and/or both mains only, either of which with no nose gear; ejection was very highly recommended as opposed to attempting to land in those configurations.

I would figure mains only down would result in the cannon digging into the runway.

Also, I don't know if westwinds have reversers. But, is asymmetrical reverse a possibility or is that a no-no?

Also, I don't know if westwinds have reversers. But, is asymmetrical reverse a possibility or is that a no-no?
I'd think that would just complicate an already less than ideal situation, but what do I know.

they do. i've noticed that while taxiing, we will occasionally pop one to help slow us down. the one i fly the most used to have an issue where only one would open and the other was unsafe. wasn't a big deal as i wouldn't pull power, but just pop the bucket.

the guys handled it great, definitely something to see if it can be simulated next recurrent!

All the times my tired sad old roller has been searched in PBI, or whatever morally questionable Floridian craphole, and they don't run up and grab the ONE bag dude wants to get off the plane more than he wants to live? Omar Liddle woulda done GOT dat bag.

All the times my tired sad old roller has been searched in PBI, or whatever morally questionable Floridian craphole, and they don't run up and grab the ONE bag dude wants to get off the plane more than he wants to live? Omar Liddle woulda done GOT dat bag.

Nah, they were promptly picked up by ops and driven to customs right after they got out. One of our instructors was flying right seat so I'll see if I can get the details tomorrow.

Back