Well this isn't good.

why are liberals so jelly? I mean jeez you are killing congressman now! What next?! We are approaching civil war and guess who has the guns baby!?
#MakeATCgreatAgain

You dispatchers are so thug

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
e71847c7fa90218c75fa4540b84d021b.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

You guys are the coolest. Thanks for the insight about ATC and the world in general here on JetCareers...all 13 messages you've posted. I didn't know any of this, even though I worked the busiest tower and TRACON in the world for just short of 30 years.

you'll understand the current situation going on with ATC.

I should have read these articles first instead of actually being a controller for almost 30 years. Thanks for the insight.

Again.....ignorant statements. It'd be akin to me commenting on being a commercial pilot or even I dare say a dispatcher, as I have no experience in either and therefore it'd make me look stupid commenting on either.

I'm glad I provided you a platform and an audience which allowed you to inform the rest of us about your vast experience as a controller at the busiest tower and TRACON in the world, but his scandal/thread has nothing to do with you and your almost 30 years of ATC experience.

I wasn't aware of the "rule" that only current or former Air Traffic Controllers can comment on anything that pertains to the ATC world but it appears that in your 30 years you may have forgotten that inconvenient little fact that the airlines, yes the pilots and dispatchers, are your customers and we have every right to bitch and complain about the level of service being provided to us, especially since it's my tax dollars being pissed away. I can't wait until Trump privatizes the U.S. Air Traffic Control system so that real oversight and accountability can be applied.

inconvenient little fact that the airlines, yes the pilots and dispatchers, are your customers

Actually, that's not a fact as the FAA doesn't have customers. They have users.

If you're a customer that implies that you could use a different ATC system if you're not happy with this one. Good luck with that.

#fakefact

Got back from my trip on Saturday and off until Thursday. Thank god I wasn't flying today in NY.

Yep, the truth hurts sometimes and no safe place here.

Look folks, generally speaking dispatch offices are not politically correct. If your feelings get hurt by words on a public forum do yourself and the rest of us a favor and don't become a dispatcher. We're not going to change the way we talk or think simply because a few snowflakes get their feelings hurt.

That being said, read the articles I have supplied prior to commenting please.
*yawn* I'm not sure I'm interested in playing who's Internet wee-wee is bigger....

NEW TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 4675 / 434 / 111
Average delay 434. Typical Triangle of Hell antics. That's ATC speak for "please, for the love of the Flying Spaghetti Monster, cancel your flights".

I would expect this to be followed immediately with "LGA curfew not extended, AD to close at 0400Z"

I would expect this to be followed immediately with "LGA curfew not extended, AD to close at 0400Z"

I think they did extend the curfew tonight until 0900Z...however I was dealing with flights on the other side of the world so didn't pay close attention to the message. The whole CONUS looked pretty ugly today other than the west coast.

As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum, ATC's radar is absolutely pathetic.

Controllers spend their days vectoring planes around rain clouds while the big whigs shut down airports for a non-convective line of rain in Pennsylvania.

My mind was blown when I went to the academy that the radar was such garbage. Seriously...colors for intensity? Where are the lightning strikes at so I know what to vector acircraft around? Its pathetic.

Every week we dispatchers see New York just absolutely shut down, and it's for some pathetic rain clouds any other area would just be blasting planess through without a worry in the world.

This leads to dispatchers and pilots calling controllers idiots, while really its the federal government who won't provide the correct staffing or equipment for these people to do one of the hardest jobs in the world (in some big places that is...in others, a brain dead squirrel could do their job)

As someone who has been on both sides of the spectrum, ATC's radar is absolutely pathetic.

Controllers spend their days vectoring planes around rain clouds while the big whigs shut down airports for a non-convective line of rain in Pennsylvania.

My mind was blown when I went to the academy that the radar was such garbage. Seriously...colors for intensity? Where are the lightning strikes at so I know what to vector acircraft around? Its pathetic.

Every week we dispatchers see New York just absolutely shut down, and it's for some pathetic rain clouds any other area would just be blasting planess through without a worry in the world.

This leads to dispatchers and pilots calling controllers idiots, while really its the federal government who won't provide the correct staffing or equipment for these people to do one of the hardest jobs in the world (in some big places that is...in others, a brain dead squirrel could do their job)

I had a feeling this is what it was. Last night, JFK was in complete meltdown mode due to the typical Friday evening traffic compounded with routes constantly closing and opening for wx that was really just a couple scattered rain showers. DL diverted all inbounds, we had DOT3 returns, DOT4 returns, over hour and a half waits just to get out of the ramp. In my just over 1 year of dispatching, it's the worst I've ever seen JFK. And I feel bad for the ground and local controllers as I'm sure they are just getting told what's open and what's closed from ZNY or ATCSCC.

I know privatization is a hot-button issue right now with ATC, but if it does end up happening, I sure hope they can get funding for more modern equipment like I hear NAV Canada has.

Back