Earthquakes ????

It would help if the network media went back to their normal BS instead of causing panic. This event reminded me to turn my tv off until after Irene comes ashore.

Yup, I turned it on to verify that it was an earthquake...then they were talking about "there are probably people wounded out there...." and turned it off. That is honestly the last time I've purposely turned on the news since they got Osama.

Yup, I turned it on to verify that it was an earthquake...then they were talking about "there are probably people wounded out there...." and turned it off. That is honestly the last time I've purposely turned on the news since they got Osama.
Hahaha! I have sat through lectures at school during earthquakes. I am pretty sure there were no injuries. :)

It would help if the network media went back to their normal BS instead of causing panic. This event reminded me to turn my tv off until after Irene comes ashore.

I didn't see any panic in our local media. It was all quite calm and factual. Perhaps outside of the local areas...but I don't have cable and I was working so I was limited to the local news radio.

Watching this on the 2PM news. I have to say, this is absolutely hilarious! It was a small earthquake, and is causing MASS PANIC! To funny. Ya'll need to head out here to SoCal and experience a real earthquake.

Obviously by California standards, it's small. But the last earthquake we had here was a 2.2 in 1980. We have lots of old buildings, old bridges, etc. People are not trained in what to do in an earthquake because we don't experience them very often. There was no mass panic here in Philly. In center city they evacuated some of the older buildings, temporarily shut down the rails so they could inspect things, etc. Then, as soon as they could, things were brought back into service. Because it was a beautiful summer day and people were evacuated, some companies chose to just let everyone go home early. So rush hour started sooner and traffic backed up. That's not panic.

I work in a building built in 1922. The frame around my window in my office completely cracked from the shaking and the window fell out. I told them to just board it up since we have the hurricane coming over the weekend. Deal with it next week. The strange part was that, as I am on the second floor, I felt it. Everyone else was downstairs in a variety of meetings. None of them felt it. So, after it was over, I was doubting what had happened (except for the window being on the ground down below). I had to go online to confirm my suspicions!

Bill felt it in BDL. 14th floor of the hotel.

I felt it at work too (BDL)...this also caused us to have 5 diversions from JFK: from the E-145 to the A330 with one cancelling. Certainly got hairy for a little while. On another note, did he work flight 1690 today?

Mshunter, with the zinger! Ouchhh!
Your s is weak, east coast....weak!

<--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------California boy

Just can't wait for 9/11 month to be over in the news....I've had a culo full of Giuliani...no homo.

This was a pretty devastating quake. I was able to get a picture of the aftermath, but I warn you; it isn't for those with a weak stomach.

Attachments

• image-3063943170.png
    image-3063943170.png
    256.2 KB · Views: 28
I felt it at work too (BDL)...this also caused us to have 5 diversions from JFK: from the E-145 to the A330 with one cancelling. Certainly got hairy for a little while. On another note, did he work flight 1690 today?

Yeah, actually he did work 1690 on the 23rd! :)

Back