PREVIOUS TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 2194 / 113 / 52
NEW TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 4675 / 434 / 111
PROBABILITY OF EXTENSION: LOW
IMPACTING CONDITION: WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS
COMMENTS: LGA IS APPROACHING GRID LOCK
162216-170030
17/06/16 22:17 DCCOPS.LXSTN26
Good luck out there!

The entire east coast has been a mess the past few days.... like worse than normal

Been getting my butt kicked

Is there a reason for all the sudden gridlock?

The entire east coast has been a mess the past few days.... like worse than normal

Been getting my butt kicked

Is there a reason for all the sudden gridlock?
yes. ATC can't think outside of the box and are a bunch of lazy d!cks. It's like they just give up.

Never good when you get an ATC ADZY with this:
QU CFCAOFX
.ACYZZYA 162217
ATCSCC ADVZY 189 LGA/ZNY 06/16/2017 CDM GROUND STOP
CTL ELEMENT: LGA
ELEMENT TYPE: APT
ADL TIME: 2214Z
GROUND STOP PERIOD: 16/2144Z - 16/2330Z
CUMULATIVE PROGRAM PERIOD: 16/1700Z - 17/0359Z
DEP FACILITIES INCLUDED: (2NDTIER+CZY_AP) ZAU ZTL ZDC ZNY ZJX ZOB ZBW
ZID ZMP CYHZ CYOW CYUL CYYZ CYTZ CYQB
PREVIOUS TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 2194 / 113 / 52
NEW TOTAL, MAXIMUM, AVERAGE DELAYS: 4675 / 434 / 111
PROBABILITY OF EXTENSION: LOW
IMPACTING CONDITION: WEATHER / THUNDERSTORMS
COMMENTS: LGA IS APPROACHING GRID LOCK
162216-170030
17/06/16 22:17 DCCOPS.LXSTN26
Good luck out there!
That's 17mins after I left work today. OUCH.

What an ignorant statement. Been to a lot of ATC facilities to make a statement like that, or been a controller? Thought so.

Anyone who's been dispatching for the last 20 years knows that the quality of ATC services has been significantly degraded over the last few years. We now have FCA's implemented when the weather doesn't appear to justify them. Flights get re-routed hundreds of miles off of their filed flight plans simply because of ATC workloads due to a little bit of weather.

The truth? Under the Obama Administration the FAA became infiltrated with liberalism and what we're seeing now is the result of that. Read these articles and you'll understand the current situation going on with ATC. If you only watch the mainstream liberal media then never would have heard about this scandal.

Yes, most controllers are very qualified and do their jobs well. But the FAA lowered the standards and said that anyone "off the street" can be a controller and we are now stuck with the "off the street" hires for the next 20 years.

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/faa-hiring-scandal-barely-registers-with-the-media/

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2015/05/20/trouble-in-skies.html

Anyone who's been dispatching for the last 20 years knows that the quality of ATC services has been significantly degraded over the last few years. We now have FCA's implemented when the weather doesn't appear to justify them. Flights get re-routed hundreds of miles off of their filed flight plans simply because of ATC workloads due to a little bit of weather.

The truth? Under the Obama Administration the FAA became infiltrated with liberalism and what we're seeing now is the result of that. Read these articles and you'll understand the current situation going on with ATC. If you only watch the mainstream liberal media then never would have heard about this scandal.

Yes, most controllers are very qualified and do their jobs well. But the FAA lowered the standards and said that anyone "off the street" can be a controller and we are now stuck with the "off the street" hires for the next 20 years.

http://www.aim.org/aim-column/faa-hiring-scandal-barely-registers-with-the-media/

http://www.foxbusiness.com/features/2015/05/20/trouble-in-skies.html

Off the street controllers starred before Obama. Also doesnt a controller have to go through tough training in OKC? Was those standards changed as well?

Off the street controllers starred before Obama. Also doesnt a controller have to go through tough training in OKC? Was those standards changed as well?
They do but I believe the wash out rate is some like 3x to 4x higher now than before. If you have the same number of people going through each class this leads to a lower number of qualified people at the end. I think this can be in what EWR has been doing this year. 2 or 3 times they came out and said a GDP was due to staffing and who know how many of the others ones were as well but they found something else to blame it on. It has gotten to the point where I am surprised when EWR is NOT in a GDP it is so rare.

I take it you're a liberal and have no problem with this scandal? Did you read the articles?

[QUOTE="bbmikej, post: 2691626, member: 34306"]They do but I believe the wash out rate is some like 3x to 4x higher now than before. If you have the same number of people going through each class this leads to a lower number of qualified people at the end. I think this can be in what EWR has been doing this year. 2 or 3 times they came out and said a GDP was due to staffing and who know how many of the others ones were as well but they found something else to blame it on. It has gotten to the point where I am surprised when EWR is NOT in a GDP it is so rare.[/QUOTE]

Try "washing out" a minority or gay from the federal government these days without a lawsuit being filed.

Don't forget Philippinoes. Or do they all become nurses....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So ATC sucks because of the gays and blacks.

Got it.

Who said anything about blacks? The point here is thousands of folks who had already gone through credited programs and applied to be controllers were dumped from the system in favor of "off the street" minorities. The FAA and The National Black Coalition of Federal Aviation Employees (which is a federal employee association which provides support and advocacy for African American and minority employees) got busted in a huge scandal which spawned a class-action lawsuit and the firing of some top FAA officials.

You didn't read the article nor will you because you're a bleeding heart liberal who probably thinks that whites have had it too good for so long and it's okay if reverse discrimination rears it's head within the federal government.

Got it.

So ATC sucks because of the gays and blacks.

Got it.
To be fair, the whole biographical questionnaire which (to my understanding) had the stated goal of increasing diversity was, from all accounts, a disaster. But yeah that's a lot different from what was implied.

Now I remember why I decided to stop coming to jetcareers so much...

Yep, the truth hurts sometimes and no safe place here.

Look folks, generally speaking dispatch offices are not politically correct. If your feelings get hurt by words on a public forum do yourself and the rest of us a favor and don't become a dispatcher. We're not going to change the way we talk or think simply because a few snowflakes get their feelings hurt.

That being said, read the articles I have supplied prior to commenting please.

generally speaking dispatch offices are not politically correct. If your feelings get hurt by words on a public forum do yourself and the rest of us a favor and don't become a dispatcher.'"

Its not really that our feelings "get hurt"...its more of a deep seated pity we feel for right wing communists like youself. Come, your (trump) tower awaits!
#fromrussiawithlove

If your feelings get hurt by words on a public forum do yourself and the rest of us a favor and don't become a dispatcher. We're not going to change the way we talk or think simply because a few snowflakes get their feelings hurt.

You guys are the coolest. Thanks for the insight about ATC and the world in general here on JetCareers...all 13 messages you've posted. I didn't know any of this, even though I worked the busiest tower and TRACON in the world for just short of 30 years.

you'll understand the current situation going on with ATC.

I should have read these articles first instead of actually being a controller for almost 30 years. Thanks for the insight.

Again.....ignorant statements. It'd be akin to me commenting on being a commercial pilot or even I dare say a dispatcher, as I have no experience in either and therefore it'd make me look stupid commenting on either.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back