Weird Day...think I found wreckage on a mountainside

I could take you on a tour around the Tucson area of 5 wrecks that are just in the Catalina's/Rincon's themselves.

At least in the Catalina's/Rincon's, those brushpants you insist on wearing wouldn't be heat-trapping, sweat-soaked ankle irons after a mile or so walk/hike. :p

How is this relevant? Ego stroking?:confused:
Jeez...get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? It was entirely relevant to the post I replied to. Lucky for all of us, not everyone shares the "I hope I never find a crashed airplane" point of view. Some of us, in fact, train for it, practice it, and will drop everything at a moment's notice if the call comes to go look for one....all in the hope that we find any survivors in time to save their lives. I've only found one wreckage personally, still hoping to find one with survivors someday.

"These things we do...that others may live."

I'm the eternal optimist. if I wasn't, I surely wouldn't be wasting my time running an aviation website! Especially when it's warm, sunny, delicioius outside and I'm on vacay.

Good Point:D You should be sitting with your honey on... lets say the north shore of Maui, maybe Kahului or Viti Livu Fiji or a similar local:nana2:

I'm sure your lovely bride would agree;)

Jeez...get up on the wrong side of the bed or something? It was entirely relevant to the post I replied to. Lucky for all of us, not everyone shares the "I hope I never find a crashed airplane" point of view. Some of us, in fact, train for it, practice it, and will drop everything at a moment's notice if the call comes to go look for one....all in the hope that we find any survivors in time to save their lives. I've only found one wreckage personally, still hoping to find one with survivors someday.

"These things we do...that others may live."

Perhaps the point of "I hope I never find wreckage" is really the hope that he never sees anyone killed while participating in an activity that many of us enjoy.

By your last line, it appears I was correct in my assumption that your posts are truly just more ego stroking. --sigh--

By your last line, it appears I was correct in my assumption that your posts are truly just more ego stroking. --sigh--
Yeah, I'm only in it for the ego stroke, forget the whole saving lives part. :whatever:

What have YOU done for anyone but yourself lately?

Yeah, I'm only in it for the ego stroke, forget the whole saving lives part. :whatever:

What have YOU done for anyone but yourself lately?

Lt Colonel in The CAP, Squadron Commander back in the day. Get over yourself.

If you are truly interested in saving lives, you would have much better success becoming an EMT rather then constantly training for SAR.

I didn't say you were only in CAP to Ego stroke, but you sure like to interject about it at strange times. I'm done with this, so you may have the final word.

If you all squeeze the hole at the end of your wieners you might be able to get more distance. Then it's just a matter of getting the right arc.
~D

Hmmm, I've never found a dead dude.

Or lady for that matter.

I've just seen two get killed up close and personal. One when someone augured in after getting into a spin at about 200' AGL (NTSB Report), the other when some guy was kneeling down in the middle of one of the roads close to my house. Latter guy got launched about 7-8' in the air when he got struck by a guy driving a minivan at about 45-50 mph.

Back