Weird Clairvoyance

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
So I'm on the escalator in Frankfurt thinking, "Hey, I wonder how Hermann's doing?"

Hermann is a guy I used to flight instruct with back in the mid 1990's that when I got hired at Skyway and was waiting for a class date. Since I already had a job by the time that Continental Express called one afternoon, I talked up the HR rep about Hermann and handed the telephone to him so they could have a chat.

Long story short, he was hired at Express then eventually flowed up to Continental.

Anyway, all of that was running through my head as I approached customs and a few crewmembers up, there he was! Pretty strange.

Here he is, right in front of us, holding short of EDDF runway 7L monday morning in 767-200:

3248621216_f322d49025.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

Even stranger, I was walking towards my gate in JFK to commute home, wondering where the hell Gonzo's been and right around the corner... Gonzo.

You should start wondering whats happeneing with all those billions of dollars that you would like to have...

I mean, you're 2 for 2 there... maybe :)

It's a small, small, small, small, small world.

When me and the wife went out to Atlanta for a few days, I was walking around Houston and wondering where a couple of guys from my pad ended up. I knew they were all super junior, and I figured they had gotten furloughed.

Well we walk up to the gate for the IAH-ATL leg and there's one of the dudes from the pad standing at the gate. Bro's gonna take us out to the ATL! I start chatting with the guy, and it turns out he's in the bottom 5 people of the list. He's in some weird limbo land where he's so junior he can't even hold a reserve line, but they need to keep him around. So basically him and the last 5 guys in the list are shuffled around the bases, positive space of course, picking up whatever extra flying is in the system on a given day. One guy is covering the 757/767, he was covering the 737 and I'm sure the other guys are scattered across different pieces of equipment.

It's a really, really small world out there. I'd constantly find out that my captains knew a lot of the same folks that I know.

So I'm on the escalator in Frankfurt thinking, "Hey, I wonder how Hermann's doing?"

Hermann is a guy I used to flight instruct with back in the mid 1990's that when I got hired at Skyway and was waiting for a class date. Since I already had a job by the time that Continental Express called one afternoon, I talked up the HR rep about Hermann and handed the telephone to him so they could have a chat.

Long story short, he was hired at Express then eventually flowed up to Continental.

Anyway, all of that was running through my head as I approached customs and a few crewmembers up, there he was! Pretty strange.

Here he is, right in front of us, holding short of EDDF runway 7L monday morning in 767-200:

3248621216_f322d49025.jpg

Just thought I'd share.

And the picture:

photo.jpg

You know what's weird is that stuff like that happens to me rarely, but my brother, it occurs all the darned time. He'll say some off-the-wall crap like "Hey man, get your car worked on recently?" and then a day later the water pump goes out.

That jacket looks like it belongs on a cruise ship. Yech! (No offense, btw!)

That is, in fact, a standard Naval officer coat.

300% more buttons that me fellow chap from Continental, haaaaaaaar :yar:

Back