Weathered again.

thevideographer

und is cold.jpg

Disclaimer: sometimes it does look like the picture on top. Just not today.

Aahhh, those were the days! Now I'm stuck flying on those days even when I don't want to. How I long to hear "XYZ Airlines is no fly due to ramp conditions" when crew scheduling calls!

So I am glad someone posted this. I will be coming up there to start at UND in January of '13. How many flight can I expect to get cancelled? Do most people usually finish their private in time for the summer semester?

So I am glad someone posted this. I will be coming up there to start at UND in January of '13. How many flight can I expect to get cancelled? Do most people usually finish their private in time for the summer semester?
Jan 13 is last month. You have a time machine? I want one.

I'm still in 102, and I have had many flights cancelled so far. (4 or 5)

It's expected, and that's why you are encouraged to fly as much as possible. Despite the cancellations, I'm still "on schedule."

If you make that effort (having an instructor with a flexible schedule helps), you should be fine.

What are UND's rules on no go's? Does UND have wx standards for everybody (if so what are they?), or does each student get their own limitation from their CFI?

What are UND's rules on no go's? Does UND have wx standards for everybody (if so what are they?), or does each student get their own limitation from their CFI?

Yes, they do have standard weather minimums. It has been awhile since I was teaching up there so I do not remember specifics. Most of the stuff seemed to abide by part 91 but it got much more restrictive if it wasnt a dual flight.

The one thing that I do remember is the wind limit. For the C172 max wind was 25kts, PA44 was 30kts.

The CFI will set a limitation on the solo endorsements which the student must abide by as well.

Back