WAVE OFF WAVE OFF!

Also whoever put that video out to the world is gonna be having a really bad February, soon, I imagine. I hear there is a 4-star hunting for wanting to have a word with them....

Also whoever put that video out to the world is gonna be having a really bad February, soon, I imagine. I hear there is a 4-star hunting for wanting to have a word with them....
Pretty amazing nobody got killed…

if you listen closely to that video you can hear voices in it, so I reckon those folks are screwed

Pretty amazing nobody got killed…

if you listen closely to that video you can hear voices in it, so I reckon those folks are screwed

Yeah.....the original video (which has been cropped here) shows a lot more of the office/shop they recorded it in. I'd guess it will be pretty readily identified that way....no two shops on a carrier look exactly the same. Not to mention that the recording is of a recording, played on an official Navy computer using what appears to be windows media player. So they accessed the file somewhere on the ship's shared drive, which is an event that can be electronically traced.....especially in the very tiny world of the ship's network. Especially especially when there is senior leadership breathing down everyone's neck to find the person/people. There are like 10 different ways these folks could be pinpointed. Carriers are big, but life on one is small.

Yeah.....the original video (which has been cropped here) shows a lot more of the office/shop they recorded it in. I'd guess it will be pretty readily identified that way....no two shops on a carrier look exactly the same. Not to mention that the recording is of a recording, played on an official Navy computer using what appears to be windows media player. So they accessed the file somewhere on the ship's shared drive, which is an event that can be electronically traced.....especially in the very tiny world of the ship's network. Especially especially when there is senior leadership breathing down everyone's neck to find the person/people. There are like 10 different ways these folks could be pinpointed. Carriers are big, but life on one is small.

I can't imagine carrier skippers are going to welcome wi-fi and the social media posts it will yield. I imagine it will include individual log-in credentials.

Back