Wanting to train in PHX

mission_aviation

Hey fellas,

I'm going to be moving to PHX in May, I'm looking to restart my training from PPL-CFII and more. Anyone have any recommendations on the schools/FBOS in that area. I submitted an financial aid app for SLM through Westwind, but I won't know the results until 1/26. If I don't qualify, I'm just going to have to do the 61 route and use whats left from G.I Bill after paying tuition to ERAU. I've taken some advice from some of you who recommended that I work for "The Man" for a bit to pay out-of-pocket and ow nothing for training. I'm currently working as a dispatcher, but I'm not going to make enough to pay the bills and pay for training if I don't get the loan approved from Sallie Mae. So I'm looking for a non-airline job in the area (i.e. Financial Services Advisor). I'm hoping not to get too comfortable with a higher paycheck due to the ridiculous
starting wages for regionals. My wife is looking to get into Nursing school as well so she can be my sugar mama until regional pay gets better as time goes on. Anyways, any info would be great and do tell any experiences at Westwind if you went there.

P.S. I haven't seen any info on Westwind in other threads, but anyone knows one do tell. Thanks

mission

There are several schools here in the valley.

Pan Am, Westwind, Sabena, ATP, Air Safety. Those are the career schools and each airport has several 61 schools. What airport will you be living closest to? It wont be worth it if you have to drive all the way across the valley to go to flight school.

Don't count out Tucson either.

Sonoran Wings is 141, VA, and also has a Dispatch School. You might be able to find some work on the side here, too, with your Dispatch experience.

PM me if I can get any more info to you. Tucson is a bit cooler than PHX too :D.

Career Pilot School is in Kansas City, MO. It appears you got the wrong thread.

I thought this was open for thoughts on all schools, not just in Kansas City. I didn't know that there was Career Pilot School in Kansas. Anyhow, all the info would be much appreciated.

There are several schools here in the valley.

Pan Am, Westwind, Sabena, ATP, Air Safety. Those are the career schools and each airport has several 61 schools. What airport will you be living closest to? It wont be worth it if you have to drive all the way across the valley to go to flight school.

Deer Valley would be the closest. I'm considering Westwind, like I said before, I'm waiting on the response to see about my loan app from SLM. Westwind is expensive compared to other 61 schools and I would not be able to afford their 61 program out of pocket (Unless I get a really good paying job). So if there is anyone who has the 411 on Westwind just in case I get approved for the loan, if not any other options. I'm not sure what other airports are nearby Deer Valley.

Don't count out Tucson either.

Sonoran Wings is 141, VA, and also has a Dispatch School. You might be able to find some work on the side here, too, with your Dispatch experience.

PM me if I can get any more info to you. Tucson is a bit cooler than PHX too :D.

PM sent

Deer Valley would be the closest. I'm considering Westwind, like I said before, I'm waiting on the response to see about my loan app from SLM. Westwind is expensive compared to other 61 schools and I would not be able to afford their 61 program out of pocket (Unless I get a really good paying job). So if there is anyone who has the 411 on Westwind just in case I get approved for the loan, if not any other options. I'm not sure what other airports are nearby Deer Valley.

Look up other threads about financing. I suggest from personal experience you go elsewhere for a loan because you will get a better rate. Scottsdale is closest but no career flight school based out of there. Others are sort of a drive. If you do the Westwind program you get to come down to ASU and hop into the altitude chamber which is fun. Scandinavian13 works at DVT and knows the area.

Moderators:

Can we move this to a different section as it does not really involve CPS?

Thanks!

Michael

Ok, seriously? Did anyone notice this is in the Career Pilot School forum? :dunno:

Well, when you report the post someone actually will notice. Until then it's a crap shoot since we don't have time (or the inclination) to read EVERY thing.

Here's the button, it's on every post in the forum:
report.gif

Thanks to juxtapilot for reporting it so it could be moved.

Back