Wanna see something funny?

Screaming_Emu

Joe Conventional
Any of you guys who are f/o's for a DCI carrier can do this. When you finish the preflight and walk (if you can call twisting yourself into a strange pretzel shape to fit) back into the cockpit say the following to the captain. "Outside looks good...but why does it say (insert other DCI carrier name) here on the nose?" Then watch the captain's face.

Anybody have any other good (and safe) pranks for the line?

Here's a couple of good ones..

If you ever do the same flight over and over, such as naps. Hang on to a release. When you come back in to do a flight have the old release handy and once you start climbing out switch the releases when he's not looking. Then say something like, "are we on the right plane?" He'll immediately go for the release. Most of the stuff will be the same except for the date, which he probably won't look at. Let him freak out for a while before letting him in on the fun! (Take it too far and he might try to kick your ass)

Another good one is to hit the space key on the FMS 20 or so times when he's not around. Then watch him start beating on the thing when nothing will enter into the scratchpad. :buck:

I was in the left seat, and I did a "50/50" walk (It's above 50F and the CA is under 50).

I got around the right side OK, got to the left, and the left nav light was out. I was sure the right was OK. I went back and looked, and the right was out.

I told the FO the lights got screwed up on my walkaround. He said "Nah, I switched off the lights. You'd be surprised how many CAs miss that on walkarounds when I do that."

He didn't land for the rest of the week.

The way I see it, you did him a favor. I get paid the same whether I have to work and actually fly the plane, or just read the paper and talk on the radio.;)

haha, I love the first leg of the trip when the captain asks "you feel like starting or do you want me to?" and then we both try to out-apathy each other.

The way I see it, you did him a favor. I get paid the same whether I have to work and actually fly the plane, or just read the paper and talk on the radio.;)

I got the last laugh. He had big jet syndrome, and works for a company known for abusive practices and low pay.

Back