Wanna fly low and slow?

[ QUOTE ]

Hmmm...I've got a customer in Murphysboro, Illinois. Maybe next time I'm in there I'll give you a ring. Doesn't look to be too far away.
cool.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Murphysboro, IL is about sixty miles from here so it's not a big deal. Come on by!

[ QUOTE ]
What a little ripper!
Good on ya mate. good to see its finished!
On the topic, whats it like to fly crop dusters?
Must be exhilirating too...
How long to get an endorsment?

Cheers

[/ QUOTE ]

Flying an ag aircraft can be both exhilirating and terrifying and sometimes at the same time. Usually when I'm working it's summertime so I'm dealing with high density altitudes, takeoff and maneuvers at max gross weight and long, long hours. Since I've gone to a turbine (about five years now) I don't scare myself nearly as much as I did behind the round motors. On the whole, though, it's a blast.

In the US there really isn't a formal endorsement unless you own the business yourself (at the Federal level anyway). You are then required to be the holder of an FAR Part 137 Certificate. In my case I had an FAA Inspector come to my place who stood and watched as I did a takeoff, four or five swath passes, an emergency dump and a landing.

Each individual state has its own rules but these usually focus more on the legalities of pesticide applications and the like.

Anyone interested in my offer should feel free to contact me via my e-mail address:

agcatman@aol.com

I'll try to watch here but it's best if I am contacted there. If you'd like to take me up on the offer please try to give me as much forewarning as possible. As much as I like playing I do have to keep my customers satisfied too. But with plenty of notice that shouldn't be a problem.

[ QUOTE ]
I uess we get a ride on the V-rod as well LOL!!!!!! Very nice

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmm, well, I'd consider it, but the truth of the matter is that motorcycles are DANGEROUS! So I'd prefer to stick to the safe stuff like crop dusting.
grin.gif

Thanks for the compliment. I love to ride that darn bike. Always wanted a Harley and boll weevils bought that one for me two years ago. My wife and I are going on a poker run Saturday (weather permitting). I'm excited already.
cool.gif

Back