Walmart Again

I'd say they lack self respect the second they sign up to fly for that company.

Suuuure. Accepting a job as a corporate pilot for the Fortune #1 company, the biggest company in the world would cause one to lose self respect...

No, Not even a little bit.

Suuuure. Accepting a job as a corporate pilot for the Fortune #1 company, the biggest company in the world would cause one to lose self respect...

No, Not even a little bit.

Not even about that, not even a little bit. It's how they make that money.

Oh dear lord. Seriously? Wal mart is a perfect example of the market economy at work. I personally don't shop there much because I value my shopping experience over what I would save by going there. Their prices really are lower though. And the entertainment value of shopping there almost makes up for it.
Here's some food for thought to chew on. They employ lots of people in local communities as well as overseas. They also allow people to eat and have consumer goods who otherwise wouldn't be able to afford them. Flying an airplane around for them dooesn't make you part of the "evil empire", it just makes you another dude with a good job. Get off your high horse.

I hate Wal Mart with a fiery passion. They're one of the most evil corporations on planet Earth. I haven't stepped foot inside one for nearly a decade, and never will again.

But that doesn't mean I'd have any problem taking their money.

Flying an airplane around for them dooesn't make you part of the "evil empire", it just makes you another dude with a good job. Get off your high horse.

So it's the whole, "well, if I don't do it someone else will..."?

No, it's the whole "gotta earn a living and I'll take the best job I can find at the time with consideration given to salary, work rules, QOL, retirement, and job security. I took that job post 9/11 and it was a good port in the storm.

If you wait your whole life to get a job with a place whose business model meets your high ethical standards well, better hope Goodwill flies a nice jet.

Furthermore, I think if you actually read what I wrote you would see I was trying to turn people away from WM.

But then you question my integrity for having worked there in the first place? I don't need to explain myself to you pal.

Back