Waiting time to Instruct

zanclick

Well, I am trying to decide what flight school to attend. The two at the top of my list are Flight Safety and Delta Academy.

Delta Academy states the waiting time to instruct is only 6 weeks. What is the wait time to instruct after being hired to do so at Flight Safety? What is the continuing trend for the wait time? Is enrollment increasing so that this time is shrinking and are instructors being hired at an increasing or decreasing rate?

Thanks.

I wouldn't choose the school to attend based on how long the wait time is to instruct. First you have to complete all of your training. It sounds silly, but some people who are really gung-ho about flying for a living get in, realize how much work it really is, and then get out. Not only that, but you may not get hired- not everyone does. Pick your school based on the quality of training, not their little marketing gimmicks they offer, or whether they can get you a job or not.

(By the way, all that being said: The wait list at FSI is quite long, and anyone who gives you a definitive number is likely talking out of their ass. But, being an alumnus of FSI, and being 110% satisified with their training- my vote goes to them.)

Good luck!
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]

Delta Academy states the waiting time to instruct is only 6 weeks.

Thanks.

[/ QUOTE ]

A good reason to use Jetcareers is to see what the "real deal" is from current students and instructors. Ask them what they've experienced and seen, and you'll probably get better info than any schools marketing dept's canned answers.
Just prior to my going to FS, the answer was about a 6 month wait to instruct. That went out the door when the FS CFIs didn't get jobs as quickly as in the past. Well, the wait list is very long now. Baronman has been on it for over a year now. But hey, if you get used to being in a pool of applicants, your wait in the regional pool won't be as traumatic.

I certainly wouldn't choose a flight school based solely on this one aspect. This is just one of many to look at. I would like to go to a school with the "complete package" and make my decision as beneficial for myself as possible. I would be more comfortable in knowing what the relative wait time is to instruct versus other schools. It would help minimize my training days or waiting days, so that I could start my career as soon as possible. And I would like to instruct at the school that I started with. Thanks for your insight.
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ] But hey, if you get used to being in a pool of applicants, your wait in the regional pool won't be as traumatic.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for justifying the long wait time. It puts me at ease!
wink.gif

Yeah, and getting up for a 6 am prop turn time will help 'simulate' the real world work environment too... hehe

wink.gif

Dave

Back